Sorry, another question

kikiC

First, I would like to thank those who have taken the time to answer my questions. It is such a big help to be able to go somewhere that will give me answers I can trust. :D

So here is my next question.

For my second floor, I stained the top for the bedroom floor, but painted the bottom so that I would have a white ceiling for the first floor. I took care to tape up the opposite side each time in order to stop either from running over. Unfortunately, somehow a bit of paint got into the middle of the stained floor (not sure how that happened). Any suggestions for removing it?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Kim

Waterbased paint, or oil based? If waterbased, scrub off as much as you can and let it dry; if there's any more, sand it and restain it, if necessary. And don't apologize for asking questions.

LOL! Just finished my 3rd house and I still have lots of questions. With this one, I totally messed up my first effort on flooring. It was splotchy, which I wouldn't have minded if it were for an aged looking house, but it wasn't. Acrylic paint, but a coating of stain over it. I tried sanding, thinking like Holly, what's the harm in trying? In this case, it didn't work, so I tried painting over it. In this case, repainting worked like a dream. I agree with Holly; when you have a fail, what's the harm in trying something different?

post-6356-0-61226000-1363298217_thumb.jp

post-6356-0-24399600-1363298589_thumb.jp

Thanks too you all...

Chris are you saying that you just re-stained the floor? I stained the floor outright and then got a spot of paint on it.

I too agree with Holly, no harm in trying!

Karin, that was my thought too...now I have a few good suggestions and I won't be afraid to try something!

Anyone else out there who has had this problem, feel free to chime in!

Kim

P.S. Chris, love the doggie in your pic!! :D

Edited by kikiC

:hmm:...probably one more reason to stain floor surface then add a paper ceiling to the other side... no paint to drip on the stained floor, & if yu get any stain on the ceiling side - it'll be covered with paper -

I'm just say'n :idiot:

• Like 1

Kiki, the directions for the floor treatment were to paint, wipe paint almost off, then stain. After doing that, the floor looked streaky. I tried sanding, but that didn't work. So I actually painted over the stain, being careful not to fill in the spaces between the 'floor boards', then put on a satin varnish. The coat of paint did a nice job of covering the poor original attempt. Hopefully you will be successful sanding it off. If not, painting may be a solution.

Thank you for your comment about my pup. My furry friend is Stella.

Holly's instructions should work, especially if you don't wait. If you have to sand it out at all just do light sanding until you remove the unwanted paint. You might have to sand the entire floor to even it up and then re-stain, but you should get an acceptable result. You can always paint over your floor, or use a floor paper, put in a wood floor, or add carpeting. Lots of possibilities if it doesn't work. Good luck! Let use know how it works out. :)

And please don't apologize for asking questions. Being able to answer them makes us feel good :) Many of us remember the days a resource like this was unheard of. We love being able to share. And we are ALL still learning and asking questions. Stick around. You'll see :)

• Like 2

Thanks, Morgan. You are right. Having a resource like this is AWESOME! I don't even think I would have started on this adventure without it. I will try not to feel bothersome again! :D

• Like 1