Hello All,

I joined because I am embarking on my very first dollhouse kit. After bringing the dollhouse kit home I realized that the instructions were not included. I purchased the Brookshire Dollhouse Econo-Kit manufactured by Walmer Enterprises Inc.

I am looking forward to starting my very first dollhouse as I am now an adult and have wanted to build my own dollhouse since I was a young girl.

By joining this forum I would like to meet more people with the same interests, learn more about the hobby and most importantly, start off on the right foot by hopefully obtaining instructions for the dollhouse sitting in the box in my living room :D

Thanks so much for having me! I look forward to what is to come!

Sincerely,

GardinerHouse

:wave: Hi Britnie! Welcome and glad you found us! There is always so much to learn on here, and everyone is so willing to help you out with advice, instruction and support.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out with the instructions for your house! Good luck!

Welcome Britnie! Someone will respond soon about the instructions. In the meantime, do a search on the forum about getting started and you'll find a wealth of info, and when you start having questions, just ask.

Welcome to the little family, Britnie. I Googled Walmer Enterprises, Inc and pulled up a 1:1 cabinetry company in Alexandria, VA. You might check the box and elsewhere to find an address and/ or phone # to contact to see if you can get the instructions direct from manufacturer, or else search for them on Ebay. If someone on here has the kit and instructions they can hopefully scan them and contact you via PM to send them to you.

Hi and welcome! The people on here are FULL of helpful info on everything mini! Just wondered, though, if anyone knows why so many doll house kits show up with no instructions? I got mine 20 some years ago and it also came with no instructions...had to contact them for copies...just curious!

Edited by debncurt

I wonder how mini of those kits were bought by someone who opened it, took out the instructions to read, decided "the heck with this!" and closed the box & resealed it and returned it to the store, but didn't bother to put the instructions back in it.

• Like 1

Welcome Britnie!

It looks like you haven't gotten instructions. You have a picture though, correct? Most of us do what we call a 'dry fit' where we use masking tape to put the house together first. You could do this with the big pieces and go from there. People here will help. They are great.

Good luck!

Morgan

• 2 months later...

Hi, all. I am a new member as of today. I found this forum while trying to find out more information about the exterior of the Brookshire 501 dollhouse. I will send more information later as far, but wanted to respond to Gardinerhouse and ask if she still needs information on this dollhouse. It was manufactured by Walmer Enterprises, who later sold their dollhouse business to Real Good Toys and they specialized in custom made cabinets instead of dollhouses any longer. I think they sold the company in 1992, if my memory serves me right. The Brookshire was built in the 80's. A friend of mine gave me this dollhouse and the shell was already built, but the inside, the floors, walls etc or the porch were not assembled. I did not know the name of my dollhouse and I emailed of the shell to Walmer and they identified it as the Brookshire 501. They were very nice and mailed me a copy of the instructions. That was about 2 years ago and I don't get a lot of time to work on it, but love to and did all weekend this past, weekend. I sorted out all the wood and realized that there should be a porch on it too...That was not included in the instructions, that I recall...I remember thinking that the instructions were only for the frame/shell...and not for the inside. I'm now on a quest to identify which dollhouse is the 501 at Real Good Toys. It would have a different name. Now that I know that it has a porch, I think I MAY have identified it and I'm going to contact RGT and see if anyone there knows anything about the 501, I will post more, I have to get back to work. Walmer's phone # is 703-461-9330, if needed Gardinerhouse.

Peace, Love and Blessings,

Hampton Babydoll

• Like 1

Welcome, Britnie and Candee - :welcome: so glad you found the forum. You'll find plenty of inspiration and help here - and feel free to ask questions as there are many helpful people to answer them.

• 2 years later...

I'm very late to the party, but just acquired a 95% completed Brookshire dollhouse, which included instructions.  I'm happy to scan them or take pics of any specific sections for you...it's a huge dollhouse!!  I'm lucky but most unbuilt areas came with the parts.

• 2 years later...

Was anyone able to obtain any instructions for this dollhouse?  I have recently obtained one that is far from finished, and I have no clue what some of the pieces go to.  And like everyone else it seems, it came with no instructions.  I would also love to see pictures if anyone has completed the dollhouse.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...