ONLINE class on the Orchid

I have NEVER done this before and I would sure like someone to offer to do a walk through on getting started. OR, is there a video on this, NOT just written instructions. I haven't got started yet, but I dreamed I threw it out.

I want to do this, but I want it put together right. There should be video help for Newcomers. PLEASE! :(

See my answer under your newcomer post.

There are some Team Builds here on GL too that I didn't write about in the other post.

Holly could tell you if there was an Orchid team build. She did some of those.

• Like 1

holly posted links to BOTH Orchid Team builds (we had a competition between the Building Team and the rest of the members; it was a hoot!) in Sue's other thread, and I also linked to my White Orchid album (the kit used to come in a white plastic version that several of us built when Dean decided to sell off the remainder), that had its own unique problems (that's when I discovered that E6000 is da bomb! for plastic). As I posted there, Sue, ask any questions you have about the build and someone will help you. If it really does intimidate you and you want to come enjoy good seafood and beautiful beaches, bring your kit and drop it off here.

Ive suggested several times that there should be a getting started topic PINNED so that its easily accessible to those new to the forum and new to dollhouses. For whatever reason..there isn't one. For now, its probably best to ask specific questions in the General mini talk area...any and all questions will get LOTS of answers. You have to use your own thought process and choose the ways that seem best for you, based on the instructions and the way that you like to work and the suggestions that are offered by everyone else. We love helping newcomers and would never want anyone to feel so lost that they don't ever begin.

Also check out Gina's site MoreMinis.blogspot.com. She does step by step explanations with photos of each of her builds and has built all (I think) of the Greenleaf kits. Her site is a great resource and its fun to read through the construction of a particular house.

• 4 weeks later...

I would highly recommend downloading the directions for the orchid on this site. I am in the middle of building my first and I can say firsthand that I would not have made it through without them! Good luck!