Favorite Authors

chapchap73

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad you started the thread. I took your suggestion and am almost finished with Lord of the Fading Lands. Am really enjoying the book and looking forward to the rest in the series.

Thanks!

You will not be disappointed! I found that one the year it was published and had to wait what seemed like forever for the rest of the series. I downloaded the K. Moning's Highlander series from the library again today:D

You will not be disappointed! I found that one the year it was published and had to wait what seemed like forever for the rest of the series. I downloaded the K. Moning's Highlander series from the library again today:D

The Highlander series is fun to read. I'm well into book two of the Fading Lands series. :)

Oh, I LOVED Moore's Sacre Bleu! "Was it your pot roast?"

I loved Lamb, and A Dirty Job. The three vampire novels are very good too, they're different from others in the genre. I like Moore's satirical approach. :)

Well I just lost complete respect for one of my fav authors, I was a member of a group she has online, like a reading discussion group, I thought. Well, I posted that I hated waiting for the library to get the next book in the series, I am number 22 on the waiting list. She and several of her group members sent me messages of how I was not a fan of her, and a lot more because I was not purchasing her books. I left the group which really wasn't much discussion about her books anyway.... And I will never purchase her books now. I will still read them from the library. I've used the library my entire life, I've never had anyone put me down for using it. So my fav author list was shortened by one today.!

If I really love a book, after borrowing and reading it from the library I will purchase.

I could not find any of her books at our local bookstores anyway.... And some of the books are a couple years old, which makes them harder to find. Our library doesn't have them in paperback, they only have them in ebook form.

I know I was shocked, the best place for me to loose track of time is a Library... Lol, I get up to ours in search of one book by a certain author and by the time I leave several hours later I have a list going. I keep a spiral notebook with me and write the titles and authors down that I want to read.... It's never just to pick up the reserve that is waiting for me at the front desk. Lol... I always have to go browsing!!

I too will read anything and everything. I cannot say I have a favorite genre as I am more the type that reads the cover and if it sounds good I read it. Getting a Kindle was the most rewarding present I have ever gotten in my life. I have reread all the classics that I remembered from high school plus plenty more that were not required reading. I have even found I really like reading old old books that are free. Some of them are a bit hard to get into due to the horrible spelling but once you get used to it they go pretty quickly. I just read the orginal book of Lewis and Clark and LOVED it.

For those that like to read fantasy may I suggest Robin Hobb: Rain wilds chronicles. A few other fantasy writers what I really enjoy are, Robert Jordan, RA Salvatore, Terry Goodkind, George Martin, and my mind just went blank...... I will add the others when I think of them.

The only books that I really do not care for are smutty books under the guise of historical fiction. I love reading about the old south for instance but if I read one more time "Her cheeks were blushing like an georgia peach as she licked her ruby red lips waiting for the kiss from the dark dangerous black eyed stranger" I will turn the book pages into bricks for my dollhouse.

I am a fast reader and will devour a book if I really like it and get pangs of regret when it is over. I too cannot start a book at night as I will stay up all night reading. I also must not have a bag of chips or cookies near me when i read as I will eat the whole bag and not even remember it LOL!

• Like 1

I went back and read all the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I love to read Mark Twain and Will Rogers. I only like true stories about good people. I do not ever read Horror, don't like Mysteries because I have enough Mysteries in my daily life I have to figure out. I like to read the story about a particular movie I like: Case in point. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. Love the book and the movie.

I like to read about Jimmy Stewart who was a good, good man. I read about Cary Grant which I almost wished I had not. I read a wonderful book about the Vietnam war: The Things They Carried, met the author at our local library 2 years back. Tim O'Brien of which all of his books are wonderful because it's real. Dr. Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Barbara Jordan. Our history, our lives are touched by one another.

I LOVE THE BIBLE which is at the top of my list. I love to read about God and good people and how they came to know HIM.

I read about the Holocaust survivors including the Diary of Anne Frank. It's good to read about Good People and how they overcome their adversities.

I read about Billy Graham ministeries. Ruth Graham wrote a lot of sweet books, she's gone now, but her books areinteresting reading. “Our Christmas Story,” “Sitting by My Laughing Fire,” “It's My Turn,” “The Legacy of a Pack Rat,” “Prodigals and Those Who Love Them,” “Clouds Are the Dust of His Feet,” “One Wintry Night,” “Coffee and Conversation with Ruth Bell Graham and Gigi Graham Tchividjian,” “Collected Poems,” “Mothers Together,” and “Prayers From A Mother’s Heart.” Mrs. Graham’s most recent books published in 2001 are, “Never Let It End: Poems of a Lifelong Love“ published by Baker Books, “Footprints of a Pilgrim: The Life and Loves of Ruth Bell Graham,” published by Word Publishing and “A Quiet Knowing,”

My Father used to say: "If all else fails, READ." ...and I do.

Sue