Had to say good bye to my Charlie

LindaC

With a sad and heavy heart had to have Charlie put to sleep yesterday. She would have been 15 soon and my buddy since she was 5 weeks old. I miss her so much and always will. She was in pain with health issues and getting worse.

gallery_6170_4837_21602.jpg

Hi Linda.. :).. I had to do the same thing November just gone.. was one of the hardest things I had to do.. it has gotten a little better.. but still terribly upsetting and I guess in time it will get easier and time always heals a broken heart.. (((hugs)))

Guest Happy Heart

Hi Linda.. :).. I had to do the same thing November just gone.. was one of the hardest things I had to do.. it has gotten a little better.. but still terribly upsetting and I guess in time it will get easier and time always heals a broken heart.. (((hugs)))

ditto

I think it's one of the hardest things we have to do. I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your precious Charlie. Please know you are my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find solace in the many memories you have of her.

thanks guys/gals. I know my heart has gone out to others who have had to do this.

memories? you bet 15 years worth. I knew I wanted a dog and had always wanted a tiny chihuahua but the kids always wanted large dogs. Now it was my time retired to the country. I told my daughter if I got a chi it could fall in one of the critter holes on the property never to be seen again. She said I should get something heartier. looked and looked. walked in to a friends home and saw a tiny 3 month old rat terrier and knew that was the kind. friend said 'oh no you can't have hubbys baby'. I said I would wait for her to have mine. waited over a year and that little one named Chigger had 3 pups and only Charlie survived.

Other than really bad teeth, growths on her body that haven't showed cancer but could sometime and cataracts Charlie had cocidiosis which is a minute microscopic parasite which is in the soil from wild birds and/or chickens. I use to raise chickens. It use to show a couple times a year then more and more then constantly. I know she was in pain. I almost lost her last year from regular annual shots and nails clipped. That is how much this stuff stresses. I said never again would I put her through that.

Need out of the house so I am going 50 miles to a home improvement store looking for a container for my memory foam mattress for the storm cellar so it doesn't get spiders in it.

I am better today but it doesn't take much for me to get going again...

((hugs)) to all

Linda, my heart goes out to you with the loss of your dear Charlie. In time the pain will lessen but your memories of Charlie and the 15 years you had together will always be cherished and remembered. We have gone through this many times when our beloved dogs got old and sick. Right now we have 4 rescues but we will never forget the others that are no longer with us (6) and it never seems to get any easier when we have to say goodbye. If you are familiar with the poem, "The Rainbow Bridge"......that has always brought me some comfort. I always like to think that we will all be together again.

The photo and your words brought tears to my eyes.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet chihuahua, Rebel, in December, on my birthday, no less. I know what you are going thru.Just remember all the good times and the love in your baby's eyes when she looked at you. My prayers are with you.