Interesting way to cut leaves from paper

Patsea

I saw this on Pinterest. If you have any of those crazy kind of scissors that cut patterns, check out the picture below. Make a cut and then turn the paper around and cut again. Love the little holly leaves.

post-15347-0-47383900-1360972455_thumb.j

• Like 3

I saw this on Pinterest. If you have any of those crazy kind of scissors that cut patterns, check out the picture below. Make a cut and then turn the paper around and cut again. Love the little holly leaves.

Of course! :doh:

I just decided to try this. Works good. I had a little tray in front of me and cut out a bunch of leaves. My dog was sitting next to me.........she sneezed! Mini confetti everywhere! Arrggg. Back to cutting some more leaves!

• Like 2

Neato! What a great idea....one of those things you see and think WHY didn't I think of that! Lol

I actually thought of you when I saw this. I thought about all the thousands of leaves that you had cut for your window boxes!

I'm still smackin' myself in the head. I've got several diffent edging scissors, and I can't believe I never messed around and discovered this. And then the photo thumbnail with fish scale and diamond shingle strips! :doh: :doh:

I'm still smackin' myself in the head. I've got several diffent edging scissors, and I can't believe I never messed around and discovered this. And then the photo thumbnail with fish scale and diamond shingle strips! :doh: :doh:

I have a whole pack of these scissors. I have no idea why I bought them, never used them. Then I saw this on Pinterest and said "duh"......

Lol about your dog! :-) ya...this idea will come in handy! My problem is I have a bunch of these types of scissors but theyre so cheapo they barely cut anything. Id want to pick up some quality ones before trying this..

I just decided to try this. Works good. I had a little tray in front of me and cut out a bunch of leaves. My dog was sitting next to me.........she sneezed! Mini confetti everywhere! Arrggg. Back to cutting some more leaves!

Learned this trick somewhere to pick up lots of tiny/lightweight things: put an old nylon over the tube of a canister vacuum, and sweep. When you get a lot on the nylon. hold the tube over a container and turn off the vacuum. Repeat. It works even with glitter--from experience!

• Like 2

Just to let you know this idea originally came from our own Casey Mini's.

She has some other ideas in the same episode of her daily blog.

It ran on Feb 4, 2010.

Just giving her due credit.

Thanks! I didn't see who did it on Pinterest. It was pinned to someone and I just grabbed the picture as the link came up blank. Glad it was one of "us"! Thank you, Casey!

Thanks Selkie! I thought that looked like mine. I did originate that idea! That's what I don't like about Pinterest. The origin of the idea gets lost a lot of times. I have had to track down a couple of people that were claiming my tutorials as their own. Bad Pinterest!!! People seem to think that, if it is on there it is copyright free. Not so. I work hard to come up with original things on my blog and would like credit when they are used.

Thanks Selkie! I thought that looked like mine. I did originate that idea! That's what I don't like about Pinterest. The origin of the idea gets lost a lot of times. I have had to track down a couple of people that were claiming my tutorials as their own. Bad Pinterest!!! People seem to think that, if it is on there it is copyright free. Not so. I work hard to come up with original things on my blog and would like credit when they are used.

Casey - if I had seen your name on there or any name for that matter - I would have included it. That is why I said that I found it on Pinterest and I was not taking credit for it. I am making some things from mat board and gave the credit to Kris at 1inch minis. I think anyone who comes up with these clever ideas should certainly get credit for them. I love your blog which I just started following awhile back. You have a lot of imagination and I love it!

• Like 1

Patricia, it's not your fault. It is whomever tagged it on pinterest. Usually they are linked back to the original site at the bottom of the photo, but not always. That's why I am not crazy about pinterest.

• Like 1

I've been doing this for a while for scrapbook embellishments and it works really well if you have sharp scissors, some can get dull by cutting all that paper. I haven't gotten into doing much landscaping yet, but I when I do, this will be on my list.

Why has About.com changed the way we vote for Best Blog this year? I don't want to join either Facebook OR About!

It does say that you can just enter your email address instead - which I don't want to do either.

This is what it looks like in their instructions.

To vote, log in with Facebook or About.com Or enter your email address:

Someone suggested that we set up a secondary dummy email account to use for these random contest entry type things - saving our regular ones for our secure things.