Fabulous $4.99 Find at Goodwill yesterday!

shamrockgirl18

Stopped into Goodwill yesterday after work to look for mini's. Ended up finding a globe pencil sharpener for 99 cents that will go in Ariel's Grotto eventually- it looks just like the one she has in the movie!

As I was almost ready to leave, a tall decoration caught my interest, and when I picked it up I discovered it was a dollhouse shaped like a castle tower! It was only $4.99! It looks as though it was handmade, and it has 2 rooms. The outside looks like a castle tower, the top room has a wooden floor, and the bottom room has a stone floor.

Also, it's on a Lazy Susan type of swivelly thing, so it turns really easily from front to back.

Not sure what i am going to do with it, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I made a new photo album for it if anyone's intersted in seeing it: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6163

• Like 1

I will be waiting for your fairy furniture, mine is on hold till summer and the warm weather comes. I put the fairy garden outside with pieces of old bark and the rooms are wooden cigar boxes.

The boxes made it through the rain so that's half the battle. Just have fun doing it.

Gail :bear:

I didn't see a door... You are going to have SO much fun fixing it up!

There isn't a door. Just windows. I guess the door is where the open part would be??? That's I'm going with, anyways. For $4.99, a missing door isn't a deal breaker!

Will post more pics as I work on it- have been lookijg at fairy houses online for inspiration.

Great find Erin! I LOVE it. What I clearly see is something for fairies. And as for a door......it's a tower! When is the last time you saw a door in a tower? Not! The fairies can fly up to the tower but if they really need a door perhaps a trap door in the floor could be their access.

Have fun and post pics :)