1:12th scale used to look so tiny ...

Guest Happy Heart

Guest Happy Heart

Now, after working on 1:24th scale, it looks huge :lol:

Received an old-fashioned kitchen door from Houseworks (it's for the Duracraft Mansion rescue) and what used to seem small, does not seem so small after working on the Fairfield.

• Like 1

When I started thinking about 1/2 scale, it was hard to envision it. That is why I made the mat board bed - just to get a sense of scale. I had a couple of very small antique dolls that I wanted to use. However, the smallest one was 3 1/2" high. That would make her a 7 foot bionic woman in the house! So - going to attempt to make one from polymer clay more in the 2 3/4" size.

Then I started making an afghan for the 1/2 scale bed. Realized I couldn't do the squares in double crochet, had to use single crochet to get the squares small enough....even though I am using just one strand of floss. Now I'm working on a braided rug. I was even anal (oops - can I use that word here?) enough to measure the width of the braid on a rug at my friend's house. She already knows I'm crazy so she didn't question what I was doing on her floor with a ruler!!

• Like 2

I'm working on both one inch scale and half scale (and I have a quarter inch scale kit in my stash). It always amazes me how big one inch scale seems to me at first, then I settle in and get used to it during the build. But last night I couldn't stand it anymore and had to punch out the stairs on my half scale Rosedale so I could test the wallpaper I'm making for it. It's so tiny and delicate compared to the big Tennyson I'm finishing! And such a delight! I get kind of giddy about half scale! :blush:

• Like 1

I also get giddy about half-scale! I've taken to putting the half-scale Rosedale I'm working on inside my 1:12 scale duracraft I'm rehabbing just to squeal over how tiny the Rosedale is.

Check my gallery. I put the finished half scale Swift Cottage in the attic of the big Tennyson just for grins! :D

• Like 2

When I started thinking about 1/2 scale, it was hard to envision it. That is why I made the mat board bed - just to get a sense of scale. I had a couple of very small antique dolls that I wanted to use. However, the smallest one was 3 1/2" high. That would make her a 7 foot bionic woman in the house! So - going to attempt to make one from polymer clay more in the 2 3/4" size.

Then I started making an afghan for the 1/2 scale bed. Realized I couldn't do the squares in double crochet, had to use single crochet to get the squares small enough....even though I am using just one strand of floss. Now I'm working on a braided rug. I was even anal (oops - can I use that word here?) enough to measure the width of the braid on a rug at my friend's house. She already knows I'm crazy so she didn't question what I was doing on her floor with a ruler!!

What size steel hook are you using? If you go to #14 or smaller and use cotton (or silk, I should live so ling!) sewing thread you can do double and treble crochet in 1:24.

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

This is good. I always knew I couldn't be "crazy" alone!

They say misery loves company, imagine how much company crazy would love :lol:

• Like 1

When I started working in 1:144 scale, I could hardly imagine that! It seemed too small for any detail. I only started it because I wanted to make a 1:12 doll shop, which morphed into a museum. So, of course, I had to have a proper scale dollhouse for that. But one just didn't seem to be enough - had to have some more - and more. Now I'm having more fun than anyone has a right to have! :prop: I'm finding more and more tutorials and ideas. Such fun!

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

When I started working in 1:144 scale, I could hardly imagine that! It seemed too small for any detail. I only started it because I wanted to make a 1:12 doll shop, which morphed into a museum. So, of course, I had to have a proper scale dollhouse for that. But one just didn't seem to be enough - had to have some more - and more. Now I'm having more fun than anyone has a right to have! :prop: I'm finding more and more tutorials and ideas. Such fun!

I was ill and unemployed for several years (situation is somewhat improved) and missed my creative outlet, it keeps me focused, grounded and gives me a feeling of some accomplishment in a life that's had to take far too much abuse and loss.