Fling Thinkin' 2013

morgansmith

Sooo.......I KNOW. It's ONLY January. And truth be told, I no more have time to fling right now than take a two month vacation. Then WHY can't I stop thinking Spring Fling???

The Creatin' Contest shell is adorable. I immediately saw a terrific project I could even do with my 4 year old. And all I can think is FLING!

Am I alone? Crazy? Help!!!

• Like 1

The temperature has screamed all the way up to 16 so far today; there's an early robin sitting on my back fence wondering what happened because it was not this cold last year. I am rocking here in my chair with my flannels and slippers wondering what this year's kit will look like for about the fifth time this week so you are definitely not alone :lol: Hey Dean, while you guys are planning, maybe you could show some half-scale love this year?

• Like 3

I already pre-ordered my Creatin' Contest shells. Yes, more than one because I have a couple of ideas and at the reduced price and an additional 26% off, it was worth the $$.

HOWEVER...I have also committed to the Fling and would love to see something in half or quarter scale to change things up a bit. Ideas are bouncing around in my head. Now...can someone make days about 35-40 hours long while still keeping job hours around 8-10? I need the extra time to enjoy a little mini time. :please:

• Like 3

you are not alone LOL and I did not enter last year but loved to watch! It did not speak to me last year, or didnt speak to me in the way I envisioned it! I have no right to even be excited or to think about it as I have no room! I just switched out our huge old tv in living room to put my 2011 fling entry in the living room! son is happy to have the tv in his room and my house out of there...thankfully hubby thinks it looks really nice taking up more room than anything else in the tiny 12 by 10 ft living room LOL I can relate to a possible half scale!!

• Like 1

I hear everyone on the small scale. I completed last years because I wanted the 1/4 scale thank you so bad but sadly, it never arrived. Dean even wrote and asked my address (same as the fling was mailed to) and it still never arrived :( I would be a wee bit happier if this year was smaller scale.

I love EVERY scale. I think it would be alot of fun if Greenleaf created the SF kit in 1" & 1/2" and let us choose. Or even 1/4" too. Laat years kit was great because it's small but I know alot of us would LOVE small scale. No matter what, the reveal will be exciting. My highlight of the year :)

I've already committed to entering the Creatin' Contest this year, but if the Fling kit has something good to say or comes in a smaller scale, I would love to enter that, too. :) I would love to give half scale a shot, and I'd be more likely to keep it then. Another 1:12, and I'm sure I'd have to find it a new home once it was finished,.

I got the fling kit last year and started working on it, but then I got distracted and fizzled out. :bangin: I am looking forward to seeing the 2013 kit!!!

I did too. I really spoke to me and I still have all the plans for it. But it's still on the drawing board. I will finish it some day, but am not entering another contest until we get relocated to the Midwest. Just working all little things for now. But I'm tempted by the RGT Build-Along. No pressure on that one - just a great opportunity to learn new skills.

I really wish GL would rerelease the Victorianna; then everyone could have their Spring Fling/ GL buildalong, whichever they'd want.
Holly, I emailed Greenleaf back in November askiing if by chance it was ever going to be released. Lisa emailed me back and said yes to check back in March. I haven't said anything before because I didn't want to jinx it. I've already started buying items for it, so please Greenleaf release it soon!
  • Like 1