Thoughts and Prayers Needed

Gonzo

Can I have a redo of the holidays without the sadness? I posted earlier that I lost my best friend from college a couple of days before Christmas. Now my assistant has passed away. She lost a two year battle with ovarian cancer. She was only 46 and leaves a husband and two small boys (10 and 8). She started with the company as a part timer while still in high school and worked for me for the past six years. The only people I am closer to are my wife and kids.

In lieu of flowers we got a college fund setup for the boys. This trip to Philly is going to be a long, difficult one as was the trip to NC a couple of weeks ago. These people are too young to pass like this. Please keep their families in your prayers.

So sorry for your losses, Greg. It is so sad. And prayers said for you and the families.

Last year was just unbelievable - I lost count of the friends, family and acquaintances of ours that passed way too young in 2012 (3 were 19 yr olds - in 3 separate instances).

Maybe it is normal as we age, that there will be more loss, but it sure is painful.

Wishing you peace and healing.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am a survivor of Stage 4 (now called Stage IIIC) Testicular Cancer, so I know what it can do to you and your family. Beth kept telling me that she was going to beat hers and we could do a Survivor's Walk together at a Relay for Life event. In the 20 years I have been cancer free, I have never walked. This year I will.

Thank you all again. It helps to have a group full of love and support. I am so glad I found this hobby AND this great group of people.

:hug: Greg; One of our younger hiking and paddling friends is undergoing chemo for her THIRD bout with ovarian CA.

...it is normal as we age, that there will be more loss, but it sure is painful...
In the past few months one of my best friends who is active on our highschool's reunion committee sent me obituaries on two more classmates who have [assed on from "old age". It isn't any easier because these people are old; it's like a piece of your youth has dried up and fallen off.

...do a Survivor's Walk together at a Relay for Life event. In the 20 years I have been cancer free, I have never walked. This year I will.

Thank you all again. It helps to have a group full of love and support. I am so glad I found this hobby AND this great group of people.

Don't forget to light a lumiere in her name, too.

So sad. Sorry for all the losses. Why does it seem to always happen around holiday time, or maybe it just feels that way. I have a friend who lost his 41 year old son and then a week later he had a heart attack. Another friend just lost her 38 year old daughter. So hard losing someone in the prime of their life.