Next Up - Harrison!

sparklepuppies

While the spackle is still wettish, try popping it all over the surface with the flat of an old credit card, then just lightly with the card's side pull in a generally downward direction and see how you like it; vary the pressure as you pull the card to get rougher or smoother texture.

Thanks Holly! I'll try this on a test spot. Before I think I was using a stiff brush, and that just wasn't doing what I needed. I would much rather use spackle... I also am stucco-ing the inside, will be a lot of something needed.

For the inside you only need a really thin coat of spackle over your primer, and a wadded piece of paper bag followed by the smoothing trick will give a nice interior sttucco finish (I grew up in a house that was stucco inside & out).

I'm so excited to see pictures of your progress. The Harrison is on my "must-have" list.

I hope your real life DH was ok. Mine freaks out too whenever he sees a new kit. The only think that keeps it ok is that he has more hobbies that are WAY more expensive than my little one! :D

• 1 month later...

Finally have gotten back to this... I am so bad and unmotivated!

Stuccoed one side wall tonight, decided to use the tissue method. I'm liking it so far, but I'm going to let it dry overnight and see how I like it then. I also got a first coat of paint on the foundation.

Hopefully now that I'm started, I'll keep going!

• Like 1