Barrington instructions

mnnickerson

I have searched and searched and searched. I even emailed a few members who have mentioned they have the instructions. Here's the deal. I aquired this house from a friend who said she had it in her garage and it had just been sitting there since 1995. I was more than welcome to come and get it. So of course I did. Her father used to own a hobby shop in my area way back in the day but really this dollhouse had nothing to do with that as he specialized in train sets. He passed and she is clearly still hurting from the loss 2 years later. I went and picked up this dollhouse and relized what I picked up. This is not some mediocre dollhouse. I just built the Pierce so there is no need for me to be greedy, I already have a super fab house.

After I got home and pulled this dollhouse out of it's packaging, it "spoke to me" as many people have mentioned that these dollhouses sometimes do. I just have never, until now, experienced this phenomenonen.

This is not my dollhouse but I am to build it. I have decided to build this house and then donate it to the pediatric ward of the hospital her father passed in, in his name/memory; Anyone who could possibly help me out and send me the instructions would essentially be a huge contributer to this whole endevar. Thank you all in advance.

• Like 1

The Barrington is by Artply. I can only think of a couple people who have built it. Seems like this discussion came up once before, and Linda said that she built hers with no instructions, just went by the picture. I'm not sure if the person looking for them then ever found them.

Good luck, and what a wonderful thing to do for the hospital, and your friend.

I have still had NO luck. :(

I'm just not good enough at building to go at it without the instructions. Sigh. When they are ready they will magically appear from somewhere I suppose. Maybe "she" just doesn't wanna be built yet.

I've had it with her already!

Just kidding. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE my Barrington - it was the first house I purchased and it is the reason for my mini addiction! :D

I sent you a pm - I do have instructions to send you!!

My suggestions when building the Barrington: First, reinforce the base with additional strip wood! Mine seemed so unstable...I eventually mounted it on a base. Sure, a base is nice, but it makes the already-huge house even larger, and more difficult to get through a normal doorway! (ask me how I know that :bangin: )

Next: If possible, decorate as you build. Because of the angle of the house, that center room and tower can be extremely difficult to get into after it is built. As a more experienced builder now, I would have finished off the first floor as much as possible before I installed the next floor......ah, hind sight.

and I have no suggestions on the porch....since after 20 + years, I STILL have yet to conquer it!! :pullhair:

Anywho- let me know if I can help you out!

• 2 months later...

Jackie's Barrington instructions are available to all at http://dollhouseworkshop.net/instructions.html

I am still building --- Jackie, you are awsome!

If anyone has obsolete house instructions to donate to the Builder's Library, I would welcome them.

Edited by doc

:D Glad to be of service.

And BTW....I've torn off most of my Barrington porch in the hopes of "starting from scratch" to get it fixed. And now I am getting this awful urge to tear off the front gable section and enlarge it (I want more of a front entry, and if I do that, my livingroom is too small...)! AACCKK! Someone save me from myself! LOL

:D Glad to be of service.

And BTW....I've torn off most of my Barrington porch in the hopes of "starting from scratch" to get it fixed. And now I am getting this awful urge to tear off the front gable section and enlarge it (I want more of a front entry, and if I do that, my livingroom is too small...)! AACCKK! Someone save me from myself! LOL

You're asking that HERE? :rofl: How can you refuse what the house asks of you?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

LOL Holly, you are SO right! I should know better than to ask such a thing on this forum .... you are all just a bunch of enablers! :bigwink: The Barrington has spoken. Pass me the heat gun.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

I have the instructions. I also have the kit. However, it’s missing the front! It had two bases and No front! 
I was devastated. It’s been sitting unfinished for years. I’m at a loss as to what to do. You cannot find the Barrington anymore