Bad mini day!

firef2005

Sigh. So frustrated right now. I decided to try egg carton bricks on the kitchen floor of my Queen Anne. Cut what seemed like thousands of bricks, was going to put them on cardstock to make it easier to fit the floor. My attempt at a design did not work, so started cutting more bricks, and glued them directly to the wood floor. No fancy design this time. Got the bricks glued, painted, sealed, and was very happy with the result. Went to grout today using drywall mud...... DISASTER. My bricks started coming apart, and just got destroyed. Don't know what I did wrong, followed directions to the letter. So, ended up tearing off the bricks, scraping, sanding, crying, etc. Couldn't get the floor even again, was going to use the hand sander on it, and then decided to try a stone floor. Earlier in the day after the grout incident, I tried spackle as grout for my stone foundation. Was much easier to work with, and it came out much better. Just frustrated that all that hard work was for nothing. Well, I guess it was a learning experience, but frustrating none the less. Here is a picture of my hopefully successful stone floor in progress. I've also posted new pictures in my Queen Anne album in my gallery.post-4249-0-69569500-1356747169_thumb.jp

I just saw the pictures in your gallery. I love what you did with the wood floors and the entry. It is heartbreaking when you put so much time into something and then have to start again. Hopefully, this time things will work out.

So sorry that didn't work out, Stefani! I had an experience like that with some paper clay tiles I made, and just recently the faux flooring I made for my current build. It is hard to have these set backs, and discouraging.

((hugs))

Thanks guys! I can always count on you to lift me up when I want to throw my project in the trash (or out the window!). Have taken a few days off from 'mini' ing, mostly because I'm fighting a horrible cold, but may try to get back to it next week again. Sometimes a break is a good thing.

Your floor is really starting to look nice and come together well. I am sorry that you had to go through that frustrating mishap. I know how draining it can be since I've been there, many a time.

I remember one time I became so frustrated with a project that wasn't coming out right, no matter what I did, that I slammed down a bottle of Mod Podge and it was slightly open so it exploded all the way to the ceiling, coating my chandelier, the dollhouse I was working on, all of the furniture around me and I cried. It was the worst hissy fit in my mini history that you could imagine much to my husbands delight since he found me covered in Mod Podge as well. He helped me clean up though.