20th Annual Creatin' Contest announced

Patsea

After looking at the house for awhile, I could see some things I would like to do with it.....BUT.....it is two feet wide. That is big and would take up a lot of room. I have to think on this for a bit.

BUT.....it is two feet wide.

Get those creative juices flowing and order two or three! :artist:

BTW...not in stock but can be backordered. If you order today with your discount you will get quite a deal!

Get those creative juices flowing and order two or three! :artist:

BTW...not in stock but can be backordered. If you order today with your discount you will get quite a deal!

You are a bad influence! :unsure: I have just walked around this house twice trying to figure out where I would put it once it was finished. Answer: Nowhere. Plan B: Donate to a worthy cause to be auctioned off to make money for a charity. Going with Plan B! lol!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

mehhhh its cute and screams thatch roof to me but its big and heavy and would cost an overdraft to ship it here...I'm thinking i'll do the spring fling 2013 :D

Hoping its small too :) maybe half scale as a second option?

I need inspiration to get back into it...ive been a bit of a failure to launch in 2013 lol :blahblah1:

I've never even seen the winners of the last one yet.

Have they been announced? I've looked over their website a ba-zillion times.

How do you find them or is it one of those Facebook only things that the rest of us can't see?

When I saw the new structure it screamed thatch roof to me too but damn 2 feet wide is just gigantic ! I think I will pass this year, I have a lot to prepare for this year. who knows what 2013 holds yet lol.

When I saw the new structure it screamed thatch roof to me too but damn 2 feet wide is just gigantic ! I think I will pass this year, I have a lot to prepare for this year. who knows what 2013 holds yet lol.

I love the looks of the house as well, but the 2 feet wide thing just held me back also. If it were half scale I would have bought it.

You are a bad influence! :unsure: I have just walked around this house twice trying to figure out where I would put it once it was finished. Answer: Nowhere. Plan B: Donate to a worthy cause to be auctioned off to make money for a charity. Going with Plan B! lol!

Not only am I a bad influence, I pre-ordered two of them when they had the 26% off sale.

As for the size, I don't think everyone will ever be happy. Two years ago when they did the Fascination Station (CC18) there were complaints about how big it was. It was only my second build, so what did I know? With CC19, there were some complaints that it was too small. I like the back and forth idea. Besides, who says you can't get creative and convert it to half scale? After all, it is called the "Creatin' Contest."

Not only am I a bad influence, I pre-ordered two of them when they had the 26% off sale.

As for the size, I don't think everyone will ever be happy. Two years ago when they did the Fascination Station (CC18) there were complaints about how big it was. It was only my second build, so what did I know? With CC19, there were some complaints that it was too small. I like the back and forth idea. Besides, who says you can't get creative and convert it to half scale? After all, it is called the "Creatin' Contest."

I seriously thought about it, but I just have nowhere to put it. I don't have a workshop or a full basement. This old house that I live in was built half on a large piece of ledge, so no real basement. I have one of our bedrooms that I took over after the last son moved out, but still need it as a second guest room when my other son visits from out of state with my two grandchildren. I really think I am going to have to stick to 1/2 scale. I do love the GL house, the roof in particular. I love the idea of "converting" a house - but have no power tools to help in that process. I will be watching to see what everyone does with theirs!

I am officially in for the HBS Creatin' Contest for 2013. Ordered my kit. My idea is huge...and I don't have room for it, either, but that's not stopping me. :lol: This means I most likely won't be able to enter the Greenleaf Spring Fling this year. If that turns out to be the case, I'll be open for consultations! :groucho:

I ordered it as well... I disassembled the base from a previous build (a mini-putt putt course), it will fit there perfectly. My DD15 came up with a brilliant idea I just love. It will completely bash the house, but worth it for the end result. I've already bought the owner of this home off eBay :) Their February shipment date can't come fast enough!