HavanaHolly or Anyone Else...need suggestion: bayfront DH

kidrumm

Hi Havana,

I'm working on the Rose Marie by Melissa & Doug (formerly The House That Jack Built). Having trouble trying to connect the Bayfront angled pieces. My clamps aren't working right no matter how I position them due to the angle. I tried propping them on books but to no avail and am now at a loss as to how to move on. Part of the problem is a that a couple of pieces are a little warped...I soaked the one with the biggest warping problem and am confident that the rest can be corrected during construction (gluing and nailing)...I just can't figure out how to get the darn things to glue due to the angle!

Any suggestions, anyone....please! I'm on vacation and have about 7 more full days to work on getting the shell together...

I have a granddaughter due in January and would like to have it assembled so that we can decorate it together as she grows!

Thanks in Advance.

Have you tried masking tape?

I've never done this since, but here's how I dealt with gluing warped gable pieces on the Orchid: http://www.emilymorg...orchid/apr.html

We pressed blocks up against the pieces to hold the pieces in place, and then clamped the blocks to the table. Maybe you could do something similar?

I don't know if you want to make the expense, but Harbor Freight Tools, Woodcraft and some other places sell angle clamps. I have found these to be handy in cases like yours.

Thanks...I think the hot glue along with tacky glue and tape just might do the trick. And I will look into the angled holders....I'll try and tackle it in the morning and let you know how it went before I make my Christmas rounds.

Thanks Again!!!

I use masking tape, and, when all else fails, my heavy duty Stanley stapler; I apply the glue, tape the piece into position wiith short sections of tape, and poke the staples into the join at intervals between the pieces of tape (since you mention my username, although I don't use capital letters).

Thanks guys, with a little doing the tape seems to have worked. When I'm done visiting, I will tackle the 2nd piece. I had to resoak the third angular piece (really warped)...I'll tackle that one in a couple of days...in the meantime...I will work on the windows and stairs....Thanks to everyone...sorry about the caps havanaholly!!!

• 1 year later...