Trim opinion needed

fov

I am painting windows for my Queen Anne Rowhouse. The windows with the bonnet pediment use a light green for the main pieces, with dark green and the same off white I'm using for the house as accents. I also have two round windows. I painted them with the light green but can't decide if I should use the off white or the dark green for the accents.

Here are the two options. What do you guys like better? (Ignore the jaggedy edges on the siding, please! This is a panel that will swing open and I plan to put trim over the edges where the panel meets the rest of the house... right now it looks terrible!) I've included a pic of the front of the house that shows how the accent colors are being used in other places.

post-7-0-87908800-1354929676_thumb.jpg post-7-0-27073200-1354929813_thumb.jpg

Thanks! LOL at the life preserver comment. :lol:

When I was first painting them (before putting them against the house) I was sure it should be the white. But then when I saw them on the house I preferred the green. You guys have confirmed it.

I hit a bit of a roadblock with electricity (will be posting a long blog lament about it in the near future), so I've switched gears to return to the outside of the house. Working on windows now, to be followed by some more trim on the front of the house. Then maybe I'll move on to shingles.

I saw a 1/12 of this built on sale at my local dollhouse shop...tempting...

Oh, is it the American Crafts house from the 80s? (Mine came as an assembled shell that the builder based on that kit.) Not easy to find, but they seem to be popping up all over the place lately! Recently there were two for sale on Craigslist in my area, I might have broken down and gotten one of those if I hadn't just snapped it up in half scale. (Don't have the space for the 1:12 version, anyway!)

Thanks everyone, good to see that the dark green is unanimous. :)

Oh, is it the American Crafts house from the 80s? (Mine came as an assembled shell that the builder based on that kit.) Not easy to find, but they seem to be popping up all over the place lately! Recently there were two for sale on Craigslist in my area, I might have broken down and gotten one of those if I hadn't just snapped it up in half scale. (Don't have the space for the 1:12 version, anyway!)

Thanks everyone, good to see that the dark green is unanimous. :)

Yes, turns out it is. I wasn't aware of that brand until a few years ago. I do see them pop up from time to time...and its nice solid wood.