Willowcrest front opening

Gleise

Hi, everyone!

I'm going to get a new DH next year but I have a space problem. Any dollhouse I get must have to be a Front opening one since I live in a very small apartment.

I'm between the Willowcrest and the Lily, and the Willowcrest is winning...

My questionis: Do you think it's possible to turn the Willowcrest into a front opening DH?

I wish I had the parts sheets so I could try a paper prototype, but I think it can be done. Maybe adding a side access too?

What do you think?

Cheers!

I think you could do it with the Willow (this house is growing on me). You would have to hinge the roof too. Someone here should have the instructions which would give you an idea of how you might approach it. I love the Lilly but am not able to visualize how you'd do it with that house.

Of course, I went straight to the half scale Willow to look at the house. What about half scale? Then you'd be able to put the houses on a regular shelf! Half scale is wonderful fun, and (I find) the building process goes more quickly because there is almost no sanding with the laser cut kits.

I love the Lilly but am not able to visualize how you'd do it with that house.

What about half scale? Then you'd be able to put the houses on a regular shelf! Half scale is wonderful fun, and (I find) the building process goes more quickly because there is almost no sanding with the laser cut kits.

When I first visualized the Lily as a front-opening I couldn't see the porch, then I thought "wait wait! the porch could be moved with the front", then I thought better and "nope, nope the porch has to go, the corners, woman THE CORNERS!!"...

I know I'm weird since I talk to meself...

Don't you start with the half scale. I absolutely ADORE the Fairfield. And I can see the bashing of the Van Buren, the Tennyson, the Jefferson, the Willow so easily...

They need to 'half-scaled' the Harrison, the Glencroft, the Beacon Hill and the Brockwood something fast...

Thor Almighty! I'm out of control.. I didn't even finished my McK yet and I'm already thinking about the 50 thousand others on the list.

• Like 3

Gieise

The Willowcrest looks very dooable - You just would need to plan very well, you could use posterboard to test what and what will not work.. I haven't looked at it closley but you could possibly leave the porch attached and have the front wall above it swing out..

Gieise

The Willowcrest looks very dooable - You just would need to plan very well, you could use posterboard to test what and what will not work.. I haven't looked at it closley but you could possibly leave the porch attached and have the front wall above it swing out..

Yeah I'm going to look at some pictures to see if I can get some measurements to build a prototype. I think I can make the whole front wall move so I don't need to take out the porch.

ANd about the Lily... I changed my mind... I can TOO make that dollhouse a front opening, porch and all.. sort of... :bigwink:

Edited by Gleise

Yeah I'm going to look at some pictures to see if I can get some measurements to build a prototype. I think I can make the whole front wall move so I don't need to take out the porch.

ANd about the Lily... I changed my mind... I can TOO make that dollhouse a front opening, porch and all.. sort of... :bigwink:

OH yea you want to leave the porch - That is part of your foundation anyway - This sounds like a neat project good luck..

Would it not be possible to redesign the porch/ bash the foundation so the porch is attached to the front wall and the whole thing be moveable? And isn't the Lily open on two sides (like the Coventry Cottage) so it can be two rooms deep?

• Like 1

Would it not be possible to redesign the porch/ bash the foundation so the porch is attached to the front wall and the whole thing be moveable? And isn't the Lily open on two sides (like the Coventry Cottage) so it can be two rooms deep?

Absolutely- That would be the best or leave the porch attached and have the front wall posts railings and all swing out - This has my intrest now..

• Like 1

Absolutely- That would be the best or leave the porch attached and have the front wall posts railings and all swing out - This has my intrest now..

You guys are horrible! Now I'm thinking of getting the Lily AND the Willowcrest, just so I can make them both.

That's exactly what I thought. I would cut the floor of the porch so the whole thing swings around.

Something like this:

Sounds doable... I try 'prototype' it.

• Like 1

You guys are horrible! Now I'm thinking of getting the Lily AND the Willowcrest, just so I can make them both.

That's exactly what I thought. I would cut the floor of the porch so the whole thing swings around.

Something like this:

Sounds doable... I try 'prototype' it.

That method looks like the whole front is removed - I actually like that idea better - You won't have to deal with piano hinges let alone beefing up the hinge areas. , Which in time could cause problems.- Also it not swinging out and hanging out which make it suseptable to breakage... I think this would work on the lilly also Bahahahahah!!

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

Do you think it's possible to turn the Willowcrest into a front opening DH?

If they can seriously contemplate Charlie Sheen as a judge of ANYTHING, then your idea is more than possible. :lol:

• Like 1