What favous scene would you like to build in miniature?

Guest Happy Heart

On my list of "things I want to build someday . . ." The entry hall and drawing room from Dark Shadows - the soap opera, not the movie released last year. I think it would be a great room box with the staircase, tall clock, and the drawing room with the great fireplace and secret panel.

Orchard House, the home of Louisa May Alcott, but the interior would lend itself more to the 1995 movie based on Little Women then the true colors of the house now. That is by far my dream dollhouse. Even found the kit I'd alter to get there.

• Like 2

On my list of "things I want to build someday . . ." The entry hall and drawing room from Dark Shadows - the soap opera, not the movie released last year. I think it would be a great room box with the staircase, tall clock, and the drawing room with the great fireplace and secret panel.

With a Johnathan Frid doll for BarnabasCollins!

Tara from "Gone With the Wind." (Before the war.)

I always liked the Beaumont for that one: http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/ZoomImageEx.aspx?productid=DH8003&image=

I have a cardboard mock up of a roombox depicting a scene from Arsenic and Old Lace. Just need to get the pieces cut. I ran ahead with this and built a staircase with a revolving bookcase that leads to a secret passage. It all now gathering dust until I can afford to get it cut by someone with the right tools - its not just a rectangular shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, alot of my ideas have already been mentioned, but here they are anyway:

-Ariel's Cove of Treasures from The Little Mermaid

-Orchard House/Little Women

-the nursery in Peter Pan, with Peter standing at the big window

-anything from Gone with the Wind

-And the other day I was watching Boys Town, and I thought it'd be cool someday to do a roombox that depicts Father Flanagan's first home for the boys, all ramshackle with mismatched furniture. The scene would look kinda sad, but I love that movie and its message. :)

Kelly: "Yours, Mine and Ours" ??

Personally, every year at Christmas I think I want to do Ralphie's kitchen from "A Christmas Story".

My kids think I need to re-create the Enterprise, from Star Trek....not just the Bridge-the entire thing! LOL

• Like 1

I have always loved the movie Pollyanna, and would love a mini version of the house (and also the costumes in person size!). The house from Nanny McPhee number 2 or 3?? Was a really cute farm cottage with patches of wallpaper, old wallpaper, lots of colour, etc.

Lastly, a mini version of the private study in the Dauphine's apartment at Versailles. It sounds ambitious, but I want to give it a go.

http://en.chateauversailles.fr/discover-the-estate/the-palace/the-palace/apartments-of-the-dauphin-and-the-dauphine

• Like 1

Kelly: "Yours, Mine and Ours" ??

Personally, every year at Christmas I think I want to do Ralphie's kitchen from "A Christmas Story".

My kids think I need to re-create the Enterprise, from Star Trek....not just the Bridge-the entire thing! LOL

ooh, ooh, me too! I'd love to see the Enterprise in mini (Next Generation would be my preference.)

• 1 month later...
Guest Happy Heart

I have a cardboard mock up of a roombox depicting a scene from Arsenic and Old Lace. Just need to get the pieces cut. I ran ahead with this and built a staircase with a revolving bookcase that leads to a secret passage. It all now gathering dust until I can afford to get it cut by someone with the right tools - its not just a rectangular shape.

With Uncle Teddy 'charging' up the stairs?

• Like 1