What do you collect other than miniatures?

Guest Happy Heart

• 3 weeks later...

I used to collect anything Beatrix Potter (she wrote Peter Rabbit); started in 1972. I had it all. Even including a box of carrot cookies. My fav item was a little book (The Tale of Timmy Willie) in Italian that I picked up one time in Italy. Unfortunately, due to a life circumstance I lost my entire collection.

I decided to get out my holiday village stuff this year and discovered that either I'm more of a village hoarder than I thought or the little people have been multiplying and building houses themselves when I wasn't looking. And yet when I was in Lowes the other day, I couldn't resist adding a new "snow angel" animated piece and a pack of dogs. I only had two dogs.....one is being chased by the butcher and the other is sleeping on the skating rink. There are at least two of the new dogs that are perfect for hanging out at the Squeaky Wheel biker bar. <chuckling> Yeah, it's an addiction. Anyway, for the first time in a long time, both scales of villages are all out. I decided not to set up tables and do all the 3D landscaping this year tho. Instead I created village vignettes scattered all thru the house which is actually kind of cool. I'm pretty sure that the village will grow when I catch the after christmas sales. Between the two villages I have over 40 houses and almost as many structural features like bridges, gazebos, skating rinks, clock towers, fountains and such. Apparently I really love horse drawn carriages coz those are everywhere.

Another collection I've noticed while unpacking all the holiday stuff is ornament hooks. How many unopened packages of those things do I need?

• Like 1

I collect tri-puffs...large balls of three colored dog hair that puffs under every available crevice and into every crack known to man. I am especially proud of my collection of tri-puffs on the stairs. They are massive!

In all seriousness, I have a small problem with Hallmark Christmas ornaments. Did you know they make an entire line of miniature ones? Waiting on 2 sets to be delivered from ebay right now :blush:

• Like 1

Today I got a classic Winnie the Pooh ornament that I didn't have plus this cutie http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/1997-Ready-for-Santa-Club--Miniature_p_4552.html

! also have most of these http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/Ed-Seale-Miniature-Mice_c_236.html Each little mouse is between 1/4 and 1/2 inches high...adorable!

I'm going to try them out against a 1/4 scale house if I can ever get one started....I seem to have less and less time to work on minis. One more reason to be thankful for this forum!

OMG, those are adorable! Mice are soooooooo cute, but these go into a whole new level of cuteness. I can just see them in a little quarter scale house too. <grinning> I'm living my minis vicariously these days too Sarah so there's a lot to be thankful for here.

I seem to have a bird collection going. I bought a couple at a thrift shop and somehow I keep finding ones I like all over the place. I really like owls but I have a bunch of quails because I love those cute little families of quail that live around the house in the sage brush.

• Like 2

I don't collect them; would I guess if anyone made figurines of them. But my fave widdo beedawee is a woodcock. They are the MOST incongruous bird I've ever seen.

AmericanWoodcock.jpg

They won't move until you almost squash'um to death and then fly up and scare the beejeebers outta ya'! I think they're just gorgeous and so cute!

• Like 1

We have had some close encounters with this species of bird:

Killdeer.jpg

Killdeer are really neat birds, and we finally spotted one in our area, but not until several years after meeting them "up close & personal" in the Midwest

• 2 weeks later...

I have added more dolls to my collection! I now have all the Paint N Dazzle Barbies from the 90s minus the black version since she is essentially the same as the red head in the line. Plan on decorating the clothes soon. Also got some more Goebel dolls and I will eventually post pics of my favorite ones.