Been absent for too long

Jo Med

As with many other people on here from time to time, my mini-ing has been put on the back burner for a while due to family issues.

I think I'm probably now ready to get back into it although we will be going away for a holiday in a couple of weeks so I won't be starting anything new until the new year.

The good news is that I now have a workroom of my own. The bad news is that I'm struggling to fit everything in it. The loft is now empty of minis, so is the conservatory, so is the study - but I can't turn round in the workroom let alone find space to make anything in it.

I've had a major clear out of things that have been cluttering up our life. You wouldn't believe how much stuff I've taken to the recycling place. Eight large bin bags of clothes, 65 kilos of books and about a dozen bags of rubbish - and that was just the first load. The garage is full with about the same amount again bagged up and ready to go. Hard to believe it all came out of our house but I'm quite a neat and organised packer so it was all stowed away, mainly in the loft and in unused wardrobes. It feels good to get rid of so much stuff. I think I was getting weighed down with knowledge that one day I would have to tackle all of it. So, that's why I haven't been active on any forums for such a long time - oh and my computer needed repairing too - how much do we miss these things when they are gone !

My son took my camera on holiday with him so when I get it back I'll take some pics of the workroom ( my new hoarding spot I suppose as minis seem to be the only things I'm incapable of throwing away) I was dreading moving the Garfield out of the conservatory at the back of the house, through 2 more rooms and a hallway to the workroom but she moved like a dream - no problem. The bad news is she badly needs a renovation as the cats have treated her rather roughly during her sojourn in the conservatory. That might be my next project - lets see.

I don't think I'll be able to catch up on all the threads or all the new members so I apologise for that. I'll just ease myself back in again slowly. Feels good to be back.

• Like 3

...seems like just yesterday Jo - you were doing the Bohemian Garden Room & Russian Summer Lodge. I didn't think I had been gone very long myself, but now that you mention it I guess we have. LOL! I must be on the same biorhythm as you! How do I get off this ride!?

:drive:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Today I just sat for a while in my newly cleared out and scrubbed conservatory, scented candle burning - heavenly. I have missed being able to do that. It was a tad cold however and there is no heating in there so I just thought about summer. I even have plenty of space for my huge Christmas tree which has always been a problem in our tiny English houses. We always used to have breakfast in there and open our presents on Christmas day morning - I have missed that since the Garfield came into my life. Oh and guess what, I even started a new doll. Shoved all the boxes out of the way in the workroom and off I went. He's almost ready for baking. I wondered if I would struggle again after such a long time but hey - he's a cute quirky old fart.

To anyone living with clutter (and mine was just mini stuff that I had nowhere to store - I don't have ornaments, books or any sort of clutter in the living spaces - just stored away in the loft) I recommend a good clear out, its so therapeutic and liberating. If it was spring I'd be doing an Isadora Duncan round the garden now.

• Like 2

Hi Jo, nice to see your post.... and congrats on the de-clutter.... I am what I like to call a "pile-er" .. I find that most of my flat spaces (my kitchen island, my breakfast bar, my coffee table) usually collect things that don't have "homes"... I usually do a really good "de-clutter" once a year... but I am a bit overdo with last year's hip surgeries.... My office was once used as my sewing room when I was making doll clothes that I used to sell on Ebay... but now I would like to turn that room into my mini room and free up my dining room table :) I need to start in one room.... "de-pile" and get things organized.... sadly my mini addiction usually calls to me on the weekends though and I never seem to get real life stuff accomplished :)

• Like 1