Hello from Wisconsin!

I'm originally from Alberta, Canada. My husband and I moved to Madison about four years ago with his job. A good move for both of us! :)

I've been keeping busy with various crafts, housework, gardening and bird collecting . . . I have 14 of various breeds and two dogs.

About three weeks ago I rescued a "Beacon Hill" dollhouse from the neighbor's curb! I couldn't believe my luck! B) I've always wanted a dollhouse but time and money wouldn't allow. Now I have the time, the dollhouse was free and the money comes and goes! :lol:

I've been keeping busy doing major exterior renovations . . . new siding, roofing, replacing missing parts and paint. I plan to renovate and decorate the interior rooms once the exterior is complete.

I hope to start a blog to capture it all and when this house is complete I plan to build an English style cottage from the ground up! I've gone mad for minis! :)

Welcome to the mad for minis club!

I hope you are taking before and after photos of your renovations!

and that you are planning on sharing with us!

Welcome to the forum!

nutti :lol:

Welcome to our community!! How cool to find a Beacon Hill. What a house to throw out, huh? Did the neighbors see you picking it up? I also live in Wisconsin but we are about 2.5 hours away from each other :(

I live on the border of Wisconsin & Illinios. This year I got a Beacon Hill kit for $10 from a dollhouse store that was going out of business. It's missing the tower roof parts and a some finals and part of the the bay foundation. Everything else is in in there though. :D

We LOVE pictures, as nutti stated, it is so cool to take before and after shots. Did you take any? We would LOVE to see them. I am so happy you found us here!!

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome! I'm truly excited to be here!

As soon as my husband downloads pictures from his computer and our camera, I will post some pictures.

My Mini Shop - I don't know if the neighbors saw me or not and I'm debating whether or not to show them the updo! They may want it back! :D Do you know of any dollhouse stores in the Madison area? The closest one I could find is just outside of Milwaukee in Brookfield. That's about an hour too far away for quick stop-ins. My husband has driven me there twice already. I can't get enough! I'd also love to see pictures of your Beacon Hill!

Take care everyone and again thanks for the welcome! :(

Are you talking about Rose's dollhouses?

The place that have the "hobby" shop upstairs and the dollhouse stuff downstairs??

It takes me about 1.5 hours to get there for me too. I'll look and see what and who I can find in madison. I know there are some up there because it seems there is a club up there but it's too far for me to drive. :D

Terri Young maintains a list of dollhouse shops in the U.S. and abroad. There are several shops listed in Wisconsin (look for the Shops Around the World link in the sidebar, then follow the choices you're given), but I don't really know if they're near you. If you plan to go to one, call first: sometimes defunct shops stay on the list for a while if no one who contributes to it has been out that way.

Yes, I mean Rose's! I love that place. I could spend hours in there! :D I'm going to have to get brave and drive myself there . . . my husband, as good as he is, rushes me through and I'd like to spend more time looking around.

Thanks, calamari, I will give that a try and hopefully something will pop up closer to home. :(