Marquam Hill Mansion

2David

Hi All

I acquired a Dura-Craft Marquam Hill Mansion kit that was in my parents attic. I have run into a problem with missing information in the instructions and was wondering if anyone could help me since the company is out of business.

This is MR625 Marquam Hill Mansion Kit, instructions dated with revision number 2/24/00. The house body is made out of MDF and everything else is wood.

On page 8, when describing the build of the porch posts, it instructs you to glue 3 3/8" x 3/8" posts (5-5) standing vertically on the pedestal caps.

The problem is, it doesn't tell me what length I need to cut the 3/8" x 3/8" posts.

I am hoping there is someone who either has complete instructions or has built this house and still has it around and could possibly give me a measurement?

Thanks

David

Holly - Once I thoroughly reviewed them and got into building the house I have found the MHM instructions to be pretty nice so far. The piece part list and layout instructions is a nice feature. My current issue with porch post size is the only issue I have run across in the instructions with missing information. The content of the kit itself was spot on other then one piece I had to create due to the original being damaged.

Jerry - I tried to message you with my email addy, but kept getting a database error message so I am not sure if it went through. If I don't see somethinig from you I will just post it here. The only thing I really need right now is the cut length for the 3/8" portion of the porch pillars.

Buzz - The instruction booklet I have is complete it just doesn't contain this particular piece of information at this step. I suspect/hope it is an error in the version I have and that a later revision has the correct information. Worse come to worse, I will take some measurements of the house and guesstimate what it should be.

Thanks All

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Group! My wife just had me lug in this enormous box containing 186,000 pieces of a Marquam Hill Mansion. I unpack everything and guess what? No instructions. She bought this locally and this thing has been through several people and I suppose it was more than they wanted to tackle. It has been unpacked and repacked several times so I am hoping the instructions are the only thing missing.

I also must add I have three year old who is excited beyond belief. Please help if you have instructions you can email to me. My email address is my username @charter.net. Thank you so much in advance!

• 3 months later...

I have "dead reconed" that piece successfully. Assemble it, test it, cut it, move ahead. Your parts are just the "bones" of the house, so don't sweat the small stuff. Get it hooked together, then make it beautiful with the finish details.

Here are the instructions: http://dollhouseworkshop.net/instructions.html

• 4 years later...

And this is the other issue I had today. Here checking to see if anyone else had the problem or what I was missing. The instructions I have do not give the measurement for the length of the porch posts either. I will have to just guesstimate/cut to fit. A challenging area to "cut to fit".