Hello from far away

Silke Schoch

Hello all,

my name is Silke and i live near Stuttgart in Germany. I am 35 years old and my English is sometimes not the best.

I am building a big dolls house with 10 rooms. But only during spring until fall. In winter it is tooooooo cold to work at my workshop. Now it is time for a smaller project and Christmas ist coming too. So I decided to built my Orchid dollshouse for Santa's helper. At the groundfloor should be their workshop and upstairs they have their sleeping room. They don't need a kitchen, because Mrs. Santa is living next door and has one.

Kind regards Silke

Grüß Gottle, Silke! Ich habe vor viele Jahre an der Uni Stuttgart studiert! Wir haben in Vaihingen gewohnt. Ich möchte gern eine Königstraße Bretzeln wieder essen!

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing pictures of your work!

Welcome to the mini forum Silke, while most of our German speaking is no where near so well spoken as your English -- we do love to help one another. If you've any questions, there is a lovely knowledge base on here to ask and receive help. Even if you may ever think your question is "silly". :welcome:

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Havanaholly, you know where Stuttgart is. A teacher from here, how cool.

Patkneazle, you studied at the University that I am working. That's funny.

Rchob, myhouse doesn't have a name. I designed it by myself.

To all, in Germany we learn English at scholl for a few years. But I am the only English talking person at work of our group, so I need it very often. We have students from everywhere and some don't speak one word German.

If you want to see some of my works very quick, here ist my blog

http://lillysbastelchaos.blogspot.de/

There you can see the most of the things I made the last few years. To show pictures here, I have to look around first and find aout, how it works.

Silke, did you make your dolls, or just wigs & clothes? When you have made five posts here you can put your pictures in albums in the gallery. If you would prefer, you can post a link to your blog in your signature.

Welcome to the forum!

My late step-father was born at the U.S. Army base I think is near Stuttgart. His family was from Stuttgart before they migrated here in the 1940's. His father enlisted in the Army and was stationed there. He reunited with the girl he dated before he moved to the U.S. and married her. My stepfather was born a year later.

Havanaholly, I buy my dolls in parts and assemble them by my self. I can wigg adn dress my dolls. But I am to stupid to work with clay or the material the dollmaker use. And I can't paint the faces too. For some workshops I've had to paint the faces by myself, but they look like....

This week I started to paint the several parts of my house. I also glued some parts together. I've had some smaller problems with the instructions, because there are no pictures to help and show. But here are some very good instructions to download. There are some words I didn't know, so I had to ask my dictionary. I've had a lot of fun.

Silke, I used to play with plasticene (nonhardening) clay when I was young, and worked at trying to make little faces, so once i got the polymer clay conditioned to where it was soft enough to work with, I just played with it until some sort of face emerged that I was willing to bake. I spent many, many hours at first, I still spend a lot of time, but I don't make so many since I have osteoarthritis in my hands and it takes a very long time to condition the clay to where I can sculpt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning from a cold and rainy Germany.

The flu was coming around and I had to stay in bed for nearly two weeks.

Last week I painted my small house and now I want to show you the results. But I am not sure where I can show them. So I do it here. And if I know where to show my pictures at the right place, I will do that.

Here is my house.

2lbm9og.jpg

qsjtio.jpg

nq4q9v.jpg

2mfyh41.jpg

Kind regards Silke