My Project The Carson Manison By Ron's Dollhouses.

rojam18801

here is the new picture. i have about 80% of the roof shingles finished. there is no ridge cap yet and the last two or three rows of shingles are not on. the last row's have to be fitted to siding and trim that is not here yet. this took me longer the i thought it would. next i am knocking the different sections apart so i can get to the second floor and put the hardwood floor on there.post-6257-0-47074600-1348439701_thumb.jp

• Like 2

yes flat, but they all had to be narrow so that made for a lot of them. i have used over 10,000 this far and many more to go. this house has shingles on some of the siding set in a wave pattern.

Looks pretty good.

You didn't happen to get that wave pattern idea from the latest "This Old House" project, did you? They used a wave pattern on the vertical roof ends on the Rhode Island beach house they're remodeling.

• Like 1

jeremy, all the design's come from pics and video of the carson mansion. if you look trough them you will see the wave shingles siding on the second story. haven't heard from you in a long time. how is life in gainesville. ron

• Like 1

jeremy, all the design's come from pics and video of the carson mansion. if you look trough them you will see the wave shingles siding on the second story. haven't heard from you in a long time. how is life in gainesville. ron

I'm still working on the same project here. How many projects have you finished since you visited a couple of years ago?

jeremy, since i last saw you i have built the garrison (not sold). i built 2 cabins (not sold). next the tara house (sold). then a mississippi river boat (sold). now i am building the carson mansion. i am like you i just like to build. everything is going good here, not great but good. i did manage to get my house payed off and no vehicle payments. so i am enjoying life here. the more i built the happier i am. have fun in gainesville.

here are the second story floors i have been working on for three weeks. several different styles. the checkerboard floor took the longest to build, it is built out of walnut and maple. i have three coats of finish on how, there will be four more finish coats to go.

post-6257-0-86860800-1349027573_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Hello all, i am slowly returning to building, my project came to a dead stop due too a very tragic and painful death in the family, im continueing my work on the carson, working on the lathe for now, ordered 10,000 bricks along with 3,000 on hand to start building the 3 fireplaces, i will post updated pictures when i can, Ron.

Good to hear from you again. Your work is always so exquisite.

Sorry for your loss and hope your mini work and wonderful memories will be healing for you

• Like 2

Hello all, i am slowly returning to building, my project came to a dead stop due too a very tragic and painful death in the family, im continueing my work on the carson, working on the lathe for now, ordered 10,000 bricks along with 3,000 on hand to start building the 3 fireplaces, i will post updated pictures when i can, Ron.

Ron,

Please accept my condolences on your loss. It is so wrenching to lose a family member and recovery is a long journey. I hope you are finding some peace and comfort as time passes.

Your Carson House is amazing!

• Like 1