I won the scholarship to guild school

brandan

Thank you Shannon !! I am actually a little nervous, I want all my little items I make to be just as beautiful as the pictures in the catalogue but....cross your fingers lol.

It certainly has been my year, it had a rough middle but dang it's ending with a bang ! Btw I love your gallery !

Thanks! I'd forgotten I had pictures on here, it's been so long since I updated them!

I'm sure everything you make will come out beautifully, and if it's not perfect to you, then it is at least a step closer to perfect. They wouldn't have chosen you if they thought your work wasn't up to scratch.

Or, take the class that Bill himself is teaching. http://www.igma.org/...studebaker.html

It looks awesome! Brandan, feel free to ignore me, I am just living vicariously. :)

Actually, he is doing 2 classes. This is the other http://www.igma.org/guild_school/2013_classes/12_studebaker.html

Hee hee, like Brandan hasn't seen it. LOL.

I saw that class !! It is amazing but I'm trying to stick to 12 hour classes , I really want to learn as much as possible , what if I never get to go again. ? ;-( so I'm taking 4 12 hour classes and see where tgat leads me ;-)

Bran

Next time, Brandaen! Bill is an uber nice person! Before they moved to Castine he & Barbara lived in northern VA just west of Leesburg. When Mrs Jacobs had to close her museum they bought several of her items at the auction.

• 2 weeks later...

aww thanks so much ! Wish me luck I have sent my requests in and the drawing takes place in early December. It's nice that they keep everything fair by entering a kind of lottery, so you submit your three choices for each hour. I am hoping to take 4 12 hour classes so that I get the most out of the experience ( I may never get the chance again )

Tim Kraft, Francine Coyon, Iulia Chin Lee, and Ursula Dyrbye-Skovsted are the instructors I'm hoping for! Trust me it was so hard to decide so I went with the instructors that I felt I could learn from but there are those that I wanted as well. The dang thing needs to be 2 weeks long lol. Oh well.

Ignore Holly's advice. Take a LOT of photos to remind you what you did when you get home sleep deprived, overwhelmed with details, and babbling. You can sleep when you get home. :)

Lol you ladies are funny , yup I'm sure I will pass out asleep at some point but I'm sure that might be day three when the jitters wear off lol. Plus I have to share a room so who knows I might get a snorer lol.

Lol you ladies are funny , yup I'm sure I will pass out asleep at some point but I'm sure that might be day three when the jitters wear off lol. Plus I have to share a room so who knows I might get a snorer lol.

I'm betting the jitters wear off the moment you step into your first class and realize you are among kindred spirits -- even the instructors are there to learn.

Pack ear plugs.

Congrats, Brandaen!!! Although I do not know you, your thread lured me in to see what you have won. I have never heard of a guild before as I am new at this. I checked out the website that another post provided - thank you. What a thrilling experience. Does this mean that you will be able to start your own Bespaq line?? When you do, let us know. The site is wonderful as I am searching through it. Is the IGMA club open to people who like miniatures, or to experts, or to students such as yourself? Do have a grand time and enjoy your experiences to the fullest.

:cheers: Have a wonderful time there.

By the way, I just LOVE Maine.

Bespaq would be a wonderful dream , but that would be years . I enjoy lights and electricity the most so I would love to focus on that eventually.

Actually the building process makes me incredibly happy so faux painting and creating reality would be amazing !!

I'm not sure about the imag but I am do looking forward to explore and learn , I hope that teaching others will also help miniatures stay alive forever!

Btw , thank you so very much !! I can't wait to find out which classes I actually got !!

I like how the website is commanding a high level of respect for the artisan expertise of miniatures. I also feel that creating miniatures is a form of true art and devotion. Thank you for being part of those who want to keep it alive.