Hello from New Zealand

glen

Hi all.

Just found this news group and thought I'd book in.

Scratch building my first ever dollhouse for my little girl and continually being amazed how difficult it is. :lol: Thoroughly enjoying it though. B)

Any other kiwi's out there????

Love to hear from any particularly from the Auckland area.

In fact I'd love to see some other houses to get ideas and see how things are done.

Very frustrating doing this all from scratch. :)

Found out by accident about a doll display here today and was AMAZED at some of the furniture and household items available.

Pictures available at

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~gasayers/doll/index.htm

if your interested.

Cheers

Glen

Hello Glen,

Wow, I'm so totally impressed by your house, I'm really very much a beginner and have never built a house so your pictures are very cool indeed. I hope everything works out perfect for you and your little girl. Hope you enjoy this forum and welcome.

Trudi

I gather the project is the kind of "very difficult" where a guy sinks his teeth in and works it out, rather than the other kind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks all. Yes - I mean difficult trying to work out methods. :)

Like All my windows bar one, are hand made from blank timber. Just working out profiles and what to use for the glass in the sliding windows took a couple of days of experimenting. And like most things, the solution was easier than the research. I used very heavy duty over head projector film. Perfect! :lol:

And there has been some luck. Just as I was starting on the big windows, completely out of the blue, one of the local firms donated a HUGE pile of free clear Perspex to my workshop. What were the odds?? B)

Anyway

Thanks

Glen

Oopps, sorry, Don't know where the term came from but it's sort of slang down here for clear plastic or clear polysomething. Like what boat windows are made from.

Anyway, guess this isn't the place but my stairs finally turned up. Yahoo B) :)

stair7.jpg

Just dressing mum and baby, well more baby really, so they can take a look at it before I pull out the old glue and really get into it. Just need mums approval on a) 2 bedrooms or 3. ;) location of laundry (which I had forgotten would you believe :) ) and c) where to put the single and double wardrobes. :lol:

Cheers

Glen

Perspex and Plexiglas are the same thing depends on where you are from Here in the states it is Plexiglas in the British influenced world it is perspex. The chemical name is Polymethyl methacrylate....the store name of acrylic or plexiglas goes much easier

Welcome to our group. Your work is absolutely fantastic

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

My latest offering to the house.

Showed it to mum and got "where's the book shelf." :lol:

Fixed it

Showed it to mum and got "that’s better - where's the draw" :unsure:

Fixed it

Showed it to mum and got “getting up to standard" :o :)

(It hasn't been sealed yet so looks a little funny.)

Glen