Did anybody else's SF submission bounce?

rbytsdy

They never specified any sizing in the instructions, does AOL have an attachment limit.

Ok found some info on that error:

....550 error code. Almost always, when you get an email bounced back with a 550 error code, it means that the receiving system could not deliver your email to the user to whom it was addressed because the mailbox is unavailable. Almost always, this means that the inbox either no longer exists, or that it never existed!

...Now, it’s possible that a mailbox will be unavailable because a user has let their inbox get full

Maybe try a test email without attachments, just to see if it goes through? (Say in your test email that you have been trying to send pics and it keeps bouncing back, so whoever at Greenleaf gets it will know that you've been trying to submit.) And/or try sending from another email address just in case AOL has something to do with it?

Maybe try a test email without attachments, just to see if it goes through? (Say in your test email that you have been trying to send pics and it keeps bouncing back, so whoever at Greenleaf gets it will know that you've been trying to submit.) And/or try sending from another email address just in case AOL has something to do with it?

I tried this, and it hasn't bounced back yet... I'll try the attachments again.

fov suggested sending a test message with no attachments; I did this and it didn't bounce. But then resending w/ attachments from my email address bounced again. I just had hubby send from his email and so far it hasn't bounced, so fingers crossed...

Greenleaf is closed for the holiday weekend. When they open on Tuesday, if you are still getting emails being returned, feel free to contact them. The problem may just be that the files are too large as mentioned above ;) can't wait to see the ye candy this year!

Hi folks, my Spring Fling submission to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com bounced twice so far-- MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com gives the following reason:

reason: 550 <thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com> No such user here

Is this just some virus thingy, or are my pictures too big (3 M total), or is the server down? Thanks!

I don't know how many pixels total 3m would be but each photo is to be 800x600ish. AOL definitely has to have as attachments and not 'inserted' into the body of message. My AOL friends appreciate that I know this else they wouldn't get my mail. oops

sent mine in Wednesday and no confirmation. They aren't working over the week end so that is understandable with so many going.