Looking for cardboard Raspberry baskets

dorn27

I'm looking for cardboard raspberry/strawberry baskets. I still haven't finished my dollhouse (I think mostly I don't want to be finished so I have to find a new home for it, not that I don't want to see it complete).

I've been spending my time making a lot of 1/3 scale items and 1/12 scale foods for jewelry, and making a little income with that. :)

I saw these rings, and I know I can do it much better, but I can't seem to find the baskets anywhere. I specifically want these greenish blue type.

Anyone?

This is not my work, but the baskets can be seen in this seller's item.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/100098458/bunch-of-raspberries-ring-cute-kawaii?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_query=raspberry+jewelry&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

Unless someone is making them for sale on either Ebay or CDHM I suspect you're on your own to make your own baskets, which I suspect are papermache, and you can make them either from Das or Paperclay.

There are directions for making your own paper baskets ( which are super cute) in the book Making Miniature Food and Market Stalls by Angie Scarr. She calls them "punnets" . The only equipment needed is glue, brown wrapping paper and scissors. I would think a brown paper bag would work for these types also. Its a really neat book, worth getting if youre into 1:12 food.

I love trying new things . In anycase this is not the scale or quality you might be looking for but here is somethign you can make in 5 mins with a paperbag. You of course can take more time :D

post-15596-0-14808000-1346342345_thumb.j

post-15596-0-09026000-1346342354_thumb.j

Edited by Jane S
  • Like 2

The thing is, I've seen other sellers using them as well, so I suspect they are actually from a 3rd party. :( I just suspect they are sold internationally or something that my google isn't pulling it up.

There is an absolutely huge berry (strawberry and raspberry) culture in my area. Infact, there are about 15 berry fests in 50 miles, many of which have craft shows that I'd like to sell and attend at... and berry baskets would be a star item!

I guess I can ask the seller if they are handmade, rather than wording it "where did you buy these!".

Thanks for the insight to the book though. I made many many things now. Mostly I use 1/12 items to make jewelry for local shows and most of my online sales are the results of the 1/3 scale.