We have been adopted by kitty

buckeyepie

We have been adopted by stray semi wild kitty. About 2 weeks ago we noticed meowing from under the school bus next to our house. So we put a can of kitty food out and walked away and watched and waited. There was a tiny little gray kitty. He was so scared there was no way you could get near it. Now the kitty looks forward to us coming out side, we having been feeding & watering it every day. The kitty now runs to us every time it sees us, it will even jump into our laps to be held, as well as rub on & lay with our dogs. The kitty now can't be any older than 8 weks & skin in bones. It never strays from our yard its made a bed/shelter for itself next to the wood by post-6591-0-02484300-1344242125_thumb.jpour shed. Unfortunelty right now we can't bring it indoors, I am baby sitting my nieces until school starts and one is allergic :( But I am still taking him to the vet for check up & to be neutered. The hubby named him Spike because he came out of his shelter in the rain the other night to come sit with us on patio and his hair was all spiked up lol.

When you take Spike to the vet, be sure to get him his feline distemper shots and start him on Advantage; fleas can reduce a critter to skin & bone because swarms of them will suck all its blood.

I called vet and scheduled and appointment. I started adding Bragg's organic all natural apple cider vinegar to the kitty's water. I use it in my dogs water, it helps repel fleas., plus there are dozen other things its good for I asked vet before giving it to Spike and he said its fine. Also got advantage for him. The hardest part I think will be teaching him to use a litter box. But he does get to come inside Aug 23.

None of my kitties seem to pay any attention to the dollhouses, except that Ginger likes to sleep in the loft of the barn. Chloe remains in Charlotte with Zack, and I sure do miss her helping me...

Sike is now completely vaccinated and has been given a clean bill of health. Vet thinks he is between 7 and 8 weeks, but a little under weight at 1.3 pounds. But I will fatten him up :D He needs to weigh 4 pounds before they will neuter him.

post-6591-0-64512500-1344481062_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...