Room dimensions in Fairfield

acherrera3

Ceilings are 4" high and the rooms are 6" deep. If I'm measuring correctly, the room with the windows is approx. 6.75" wide and the one without the windows is 6.5" wide.

The chimney juts into the room about 5/8" and is 3" wide. There's about 1.5" inches on each side of the chimney.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Are you asking for the size of the openings, or the size after trim is installed? If you're using a "newer" kit (manufactured within the last ~10 years) then all of the 1st and 2nd floor window openings should be the size of Houseworks windows. You can find the dimensions of those here. (If you are using the older kit, then I think the openings are a tad smaller.) I didn't use the trim kit so I can't speak to the dimensions of those windows with the regular Fairfield trim, but it should be roughly the same as the Houseworks windows.

The 5-sided windows on the third floor are about 1 1/2" wide by 2" tall (at the peak), with trim. The trim's 1/4", so I guess that would make the openings about 1" by 1 1/2".

Is that what you needed to know?

Definitely double check the dimensions before you buy, but I think any of the Houseworks windows will work.

For the attic windows, years ago there were pictures in Nutshell News of a really pretty bash that had "half height" Victorian windows to match the ones downstairs. I don't think these are commercially available for half scale, maybe the person made them from full windows. There's a picture of it here. You could do this with any of the Houseworks styles.

I did something similar with 1:12 windows... it was a little easier than it would be with the 1:24 windows because the window sill came detached. But anyway, there are lots of bashing possibilities! (I almost did something like this for my Fairfield but didn't have the confidence, and ended up not doing it... now I wish I had!)

There's a lot on eBay right now that could be an even better deal if it doesn't get a ton of bids: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-1-24-lot-12-Victorian-Windows-H5042-1-door-H6013-plus-2-cupolas-H2407-/320975062008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abb9ac3f8

Includes 12 Victorian windows, one Victorian door, and two cupolas (which you could choose to use on the Fairfield, or not). It doesn't include the interior doors, but even if you bought those separately it'd be cheaper than the Miniatures.com bundle. Starting bid is $19.99.