Boxes and Boxes and houses and houses.

mrt7777

32? Gee, I hate to think how mini houses, etc, I'd have by now if I'd started when I was only 32!

I've been pondering something similar myself. I've got technically 3 houses going, and just re-entered the hobby (I refuse to stop this time!) I just bought myself the Beacon Hill I'm restoring as my birthday present to myself, for my 29th b-day! My husband said I'm not allowed to buy one every year! lol

So how many CAN you buy a year? :)

This has been a slow year for me, I think I've only bought 4...

Me too, only bought five so far...there's still four whole months left in this year!

• Like 1

Sorry about your grandmother. At 100 she had a longer life than most and found something she loved to do with her time.

I should show this conversation to my wife. She's always getting on me for spending so much time and money on the house I'm building now. She should get into this hobby too, but at the very least be grateful that it takes 4 or 5 years to build just one (until I get a mechanized workshop :p). I'm sure she will change her tune once the house is sold and she gets to spend some of the revenue.

You might want to use the houses as a teaching tool for your sons. I'm only interested in the building process and finished product. I view the building process as only slightly different than building a plastic model kit. I hope to teach those skills to my sons so they learn how to work with their hands, measure, count, etc.

David: So glad you decided to keep them. I agree with Jeremy - besides being an entertaining (and sometimes even profitable) hobby, it's also an opportunity to teach your sons some valuable woodworking, use of tools, attention to detail and, yes, even a little history as you explore the different architectures. Who knows - what starts as working with your boys on the dollhouses could turn into one of them becoming the next I.M. Pei or Frank Lloyd Wright - might be lucrative enough to keep you in a really good nursing home when the time comes. :D - Marilyn