What does your "mini" work space look like? Would you like to share pictures?

Treedydi

ohhhh nooo pictures from here :nono: Totes are everywhere with supplies. I did a super straightening of main dollhouse table just before I started Spring Fling then got into 'everything' again and again. 2 boxes of 'for sale' stuff sits in front of portable dishwasher for me to sort, take photos of and post. kitchen table is loaded on and around.......

Tomorrow I get help lifting some totes around. When one full of trees to plant (minis) comes out 2 with winter clothes can go in extra bathroom. My daughter has a small clothes dryer another lady wants so that is her pay for labor.

Front room coffee table holds my Spring Fling.... Messed up a couple things and had to redo. Hoping tonight to make more headway with that.

Going to feed birds now, get my shower and head to the Chriopractor. Need ____ for sf and hope I find today. MUST find today.

everyone have a blessed day,

(((hugs)))

Linda

You are more than welcome to take a peek at my gallery and check out my workspace album....it's not much, and I don't know how much "inspiration" it can lend, but I am happy to share nontheless. :D

At the moment I have several of those rubbermaid drawer organizers stacked together in my workroom closet. I have them labeled with stuff like: 'componants', 'lumber', 'wallpaper', 'electrical', 'paint/stain', etc.

One of the hints that I liked was to use kitchen silverware trays(Dollar Store or thrift shop finds) in these drawers to organize small tools. I use one of those round, spinning desk organizers to hold my small tools.

Good luck! :)

I don't know if I can help with organization, but here is my workspace with the Heritage in the works. I keep my main project in the dining room and also work on things in the kitchen, though I do try to keep that reasonably free of clutter.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=76877

I have an IKEA cabinet that keeps my every day tools and supplies. :)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=71645

Well, if you are looking to organize you don't want to use my space for inspiration. Crap is just all over the place. I have the big house on a lazy susan on an old desk jammed in the corner in front of a 6ft bookcase that is used for another hobby, next to the work table I share with my husband that hasn't got a spare inch of clean space. Back in the corner in an old recliner that I have piled with boxes and bags of supplies. I've also got two storage tubs of supplies and the smaller house sits on that. A built-in holds a few finished furniture kits, some sample cans of paint and my boombox, along with my husband's old paperbacks.

We did just buy a pair of these last month: http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Shelves-Shelving-Systems-Bookcases/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbccz/R-203120177/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&superSkuId=203119420

They are very nice and hold quite a bit. I use one side to hold unopened furniture kits and boxed furnishings, and the other holds tools and magazines and other stuff.

Mine looks like an episode of a hoarders TV show so I'm not much of an inspiration !!!

I live a really old house with lots of quirky so-called rooms that I have appropriated for my use.

They are all out of sight of the regular workings of the house so my messy secrets are more or less safe.

I have 3 areas: one is a woodworking shop that I share with another adult (who never vacs up the sawdust - pet peeve !!)

The 2nd is my art studio, which is the worst mess. It has become a catch-all for the entire family.

The 3rd is my sewing room with ALL manner of other hand crafts (knitting, crocheting, quilting, dh's, etc.) all over the place.

It has lots of shelves on the walls that hold finished and in progress mini's.

I use lots of totes and the rolling drawers that fit under work tables.

I have shelves everywhere in all the areas, even over door casings.

Basically, I have too many hobbies !!

Right now, it's tough to do any of them because it's such a disaster zone.

I feel like a kindred spirit with most of you and I have work space envy with the rest of you! I have a workroom that also looks like an episode of hoarders! But, one of my girls, who is away at college, is getting her own apartment and is needing her bedroom furniture...YEAY, more space!!! I am going to flip her room with my DH/craft room becaus it has more space and laminate flooring. I think if I can get everything under control during the move, then MAYBE I can keep it that way. Thanks for sharing your ideas/pictures. I getting some great ideas.

004.JPGMy favorite part of the workroom is the closet. I can get more stuff in the small space than anywhere else, with the help of plastic boxes and drawers. If you want to see the rest of the room, which is not always in perfect order, go here http://caseymini.blo.../label/workroom Don'f forget to hit the older posts button at the bottom of each page to see earlier versions....Truth be told, I really work in the family room or the bedroom most of the time. Larger TV and better light...

004.JPGMy favorite part of the workroom is the closet. I can get more stuff in the small space than anywhere else, with the help of plastic boxes and drawers. If you want to see the rest of the room, which is not always in perfect order, go here http://caseymini.blo.../label/workroom Don'f forget to hit the older posts button at the bottom of each page to see earlier versions....Truth be told, I really work in the family room or the bedroom most of the time. Larger TV and better light...

That is an impressive blog and I love your work space. Very nice. When can I move in? :hehe:

My main space (10 x 12 sun room) is packed with three very large unfinished projects. Each sits on wheeled TV tables with storage underneath which contains pieces intended for that project (furniture, trim, paint etc.). I also have a couple of tools on a workstation table. My work table is piled with unsorted supplies and needs organized so I can work there. I also have bookcases across the far end with two tall wheeled storage drawers for unspecified supplies. I really need to get it organized and cleaned up so that I can use it instead of moving out into the kitchen where I seem to do most of my work on the kitchen bar. Unfortunately it has been too hot to do much and I was gone for over a week to a work shop and now am just getting caught up on a number of piled up errands for my dog rescue group. I just have not had the energy to work on any of the big unfinished pieces but I did pull out two of the smaller quarter scale projects and maybe I will do something with them (yes at the kitchen bar!!!!)

My apartment is practically in miniature. I have a small corner of my bedroom dedicated to my hobbies. The dollhouse has taken over slowly but surely. At least it forces me to keep it neat!

My craft room is also under the eaves. It's hard to create storage on those short walls. you do a great job of utilizing your space.

Since so many of you are in the same situation I am, here are a few pictures of my "work space". The Garfield sits on a small drop-leaf table against the wall in my living room. My work table is my coffee table across from the Garfield and in close distance to the TV! And then there is my closet! Talk about needing some organization (I actually have some sort of system to the madness)!

Matt

post-129-0-27240200-1342137883_thumb.jpg

post-129-0-06447400-1342137903_thumb.jpg

post-129-0-72905200-1342138012_thumb.jpg

Trish, I fear that you will have to wait until we can build an additional room or two before I can adopt you....Every nook and cranny of our house is taken up by minis...With just enough room for Walter's golf clubs in the garage...

Christina, actually, the whole room is one big closet(storage space).LOL I seldom work in there this time of year. It is the warmest room in the house and even with the air conditioner going full blast, it's still hot. But that's normal in AZ. There is a 30+ year collection of mini supplies in that room. They have to hide somewhere.....

• Like 1

Trish, I fear that you will have to wait until we can build an additional room or two before I can adopt you....Every nook and cranny of our house is taken up by minis...With just enough room for Walter's golf clubs in the garage...

Ohhh...I would be in SO much trouble if I put Ron's golf clubs in the garage. Those are fighting words around here! LOL

Since so many of you are in the same situation I am, here are a few pictures of my "work space". The Garfield sits on a small drop-leaf table against the wall in my living room. My work table is my coffee table across from the Garfield and in close distance to the TV! And then there is my closet! Talk about needing some organization (I actually have some sort of system to the madness)!

Matt

Yep, that looks familiar! I know what you mean about "a system to the madness". Whenever I do put stuff away I can never find it because IT IS were it's supposed to be, not where it usually is.