Outdoor Walkways

Mary11

I have used different items. I used some natural stone tiles from Lowes. They are very thick, but I built up the ground around them. I have a picture in my gallery were I used them for a patio as well. I also made some nice stepping stones out of egg carton material. I really like the way they turned out. And I also have used the clay bricks that are sold as dollhouse siding.

For sidewalks, what about masking off where you want it, spreading a smooth coat of spackle between the masking tape strips and then lifting the tape and scribing the sidewalk "cracks" with a pointy toothpick or the edge of an old credit card? When it's thoroughly dry, give it a final sand and paint it to look like sidewalk.

I have used the paper egg cartons to make paver stones and then used ground coffee for the flowerbeds, grassy areas you can get those rolls of grass and cut to size or if its a small area you could use green flocking. I used the egg cartons, coffee and rolled grass in my spring fling a couple years back.

Spring fling pic

Sp pic 2

Jenn, that looks amazing. It's all so beautiful. You did a really awesome job on that!! Thanks for the ideas.

Thanks Mary,

I love that kit. Its even in my office where i work and when someone asks I can tell them all about minis and how they too can be a mini architect! :compress: