A-frame dollhouses...

minikelli

I came across a Walmer "Huntin Hut" with-in the last year, and am just wondering if anyone else has come across any other 1:12 scale A-frame dollhouse kits, and/or finished houses. If I remember correctly I believe Barbie put out an A-frame house at one point, but in scouring the net the last few days I've not come across more than one other 1:12 kit... and I've yet to see a finished house.

Basically, I've been trying to draw inspiration from real life photos -- but am interested to know what anyone else would do with an A-frame styled house? Would you go completely modern, retro, or stick with a rustic feel with it? There are just so many options this little house is telling me it likes -- it and I have yet to make up our minds as to what to do with it! lol :hmm:

I remember that Doll Domiciles (now out of business) had A-Frame dollhouse plans. If I remember correctly, it had flat roof wings on either side of the main A. If you are looking for plans, you might watch on eBay as I do see their plans show up from time to time.

As for decorating, I think I would go with rustic and modern, as sort of a ski lodge feel to it. A large rock fireplace and chimney, large sofas and chairs, wood floors and beamed ceilings . . .

Brae, actually already had that one bookmarked. :giggle: Matt, all I can say is I think my house has been talking to you too! lol The kit actually comes with a fireplace to build, they place it on either end wall -- but I'm contemplating really trying to modernize it with one end as a wall of windows, and moving the fireplace into the center of the house. Basically breaking up the line of sight from end to end and becoming the focal point. The kit comes with a ladder, though I'm thinking of attempting my first spiral staircase... May actually bash another smaller kit on to one side as the roof angles are similar, and I think it would really help me to achieve the classic A-frame that's been updated... Not sure why, but this kit has been fairly silent for a good while and now out of the blue it seems like it knows I've cleared a couple of other houses out -- and has decided to scream it's many wants and desires! Just trying to reconcile them so they're a cohesive look is the key.

Oh, and other big point in this kits' favor... My father whom has not so jokingly stated I could donate any of my houses to be kindling for his and my mom's woodburning stove -- saw this one and is quite opinionated as to how it could be changed and built to be one of a kind. I don't think I see him really becoming mini-minded, but at least he's being more proactive and supportive this go around. Fingers crossed he may stay that way! lol

I used to live in A town in Illinois years ago and I fell in love with a A-frame house I used to pass by all of the time. I always wondered what it looked like on the inside. I can't wait to watch your project come to life.

• Like 1