A Lil Help With Pond/Creek Placement?

LPCullen

I'm trying to figure out pond or creek placement on my lil fairy house I'm working on. Can y'all look at these and tell me which idea you like best?

This one shows the house centered on the back of the base and places just a small pond on the left-hand side of the house, where you see the pond drawn in black.

post-6-0-43876000-1340500153_thumb.jpg

This one shows the house centered on the back of the base and places a small pond on the right hand side of the house, and the pond would sort of disappear into the base.

post-6-0-08208400-1340500176_thumb.jpg

This one shows the house centered on the back of the base and places a small pond in the middle.

post-6-0-84317700-1340500192_thumb.jpg

This one shows the house centered on the back of the base and it would be more like a creek that disappears into the base, or a larger lake or pond.

post-6-0-89423300-1340500223_thumb.jpg

This one shows the house sitting off to one side of the base and a creek running through the property. There would be grass on both sides of the creek.

post-6-0-10964900-1340500262_thumb.jpg

This one shows the house sitting off to one side of the base and the creek or lake or pond would disappear into the base.

post-6-0-92191800-1340500281_thumb.jpg

I like option #5, house at side & creek running through property. That means you could have a little bridge. :) I like bridges.

Me too! Could have both a bench and a bridge.
  • Like 1

I like the idea of a creek and a little bridge, but I wonder about the proximity to the house itself. If you can't put the house on a slightly larger base, could you do a combination of #5 and #6? Put the creek at the front edge, but turn it along the side, leaving a little spot of land for the bridge to connect to in the corner, and run the rest of the creek at the adjoining edge?

Just an idea.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I'm assuming this is the front of the house? How about putting the pond in the back of the house - then add a picnic table, a bush or two, maybe a fishing pole neglected on the side of the pond. :fishing1: And I agree with Jeremy - a slightly larger base would allow for more creativity with the pond. Or a stream / creek. Than a bridge would fit nicely.