Can I cut my dollhouse in half? (It's huge!)

ooo

I can't remember who recommended saving the interior doors in the room dividers at the moment. But, I did save them. Definitely glad I saved them... it looks good.

I plan on buying doll house paint and either a texturizer or shingles for the roof. Plus, interior doors and wood to "finish off" the back edge I sawed.

I might get exterior window boxes as well.

Hopefully, these things will make it look "done" (or "done enough") and keep it very cheap.

Now you have me thinking. I love my San Fran dollhouse - but only the exterior. I would love to have the front portion on the house. Or even do what you did, but make mine a front opening house so I can also hang it on a wall.

:hmm: Great! Now ya got me thinking!

Congratulations on cutting through your house! You achieved your goal and it sounds like you are much happier with it.

You REALLY belong to Greenleaf now. It takes blood, sweat, and tears to make a great dollhouse! (glad your injury wasn't too bad!)

• Like 1

Congratulations on cutting through your house! You achieved your goal and it sounds like you are much happier with it.

You REALLY belong to Greenleaf now. It takes blood, sweat, and tears to make a great dollhouse! (glad your injury wasn't too bad!)

Thanks. I didn't think LITERAL blood and sweat would be involved. :D

I really do like it's size now. With some paint and crown molding on the back rough edges, I'll be satisfied for now. Wanting more, but content. Hah.

I painted and papered the interior walls already. That's more than I've done to it in... er... all the years I've had it. :)

Now, I'm itching for real mini furniture. This could be the start of an expensive hobby.

Now, I'm itching for real mini furniture. This could be the start of an expensive hobby.

Or it could be that you'll try your hand at making some furniture and find it's as much fun as bashing and decorating and not nearly so expensive as buying. :)

Thanks. I didn't think LITERAL blood and sweat would be involved...Now, I'm itching for real mini furniture. This could be the start of an expensive hobby.
Welcome to the workbench. I keep aa box of bandaids, a box of tissues (for compression) and a bottle of peroxide in the workshop, and up-to-date tube of triple antibiotic ointment and a bottle of povidine in the bathroom.

Or it could be that you'll try your hand at making some furniture and find it's as much fun as bashing and decorating and not nearly so expensive as buying. :)

Believe what she says! After years of being disgusted with furniture that just doesn't fit or isn't quite what the house wants, I now make all my own (furniture/ dolls/ accessories/ whatever).

I recently started a blog and told about a bookcase dollhouse I made about 30 years ago. I was in a location where buying my minis was NOT an option and as I look back I'm amazed at how much of it I made myself - and my 12-year-old son wired the whole thing using 12-volt motorcycle dashboard lightbulbs - all his idea, too! :idea: My furniture isn't something that would sell for hundreds of dollars but I sure had fun! If you're not in a hurry you can make a lot of wonderful minis. :construction:

Hi ooo !

You can get 8oz paint samples at Home Depot / Lowes for about $3 ea.

If you can find the samples in the oops bin they are only 50 cents!! I was like a mad women the other day and was able to score 3 jars. An off white, tan and blue. Its a lot of paint and i think the off white is close enough or I can at least use it to lighten other colors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Nathaniel

I have 3 dollhouses that come apart in sections to make for easier transport. Two of them separate floor by floor amf one separates by additions.

Guest Nathaniel

I have 3 dollhouses that come apart in sections to make for easier transport. Two of them separate floor by floor amf one separates by additions.