How would you hang this light fixture?

mygrommi

I have two of these light fixtures to hang in my dollhouse basement and thought when I bought them I could come up with a way to mount/hang them, but I haven't figured it out.

I would like to straighten out the aluminum tube and hang the fixtures from the ceiling, but even if I wanted to mount them on the wall, I don't know how to attach them.

Suggestions, please.

I hope I added the photo correctly so that it shows up in this message.

Thank you.

Renea

post-2033-0-02969100-1339686200.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. I think it is interesting that the manufacturer didn't finish it off in some way.

There might be a grommet in the scrapbook section that would be small enough - I'll check.

Renea

Jo, what is poly fill? I've sent it mentioned, but I don't know what it is or how it works or where to buy it.

Today, I drilled a hole in the back wall of the basement and inserted a piece of brass tubing in the hole so the tubing fit very snuggly. Then I inserted the light fixture's aluminum tube into the brass tubing. The aluminium tube on the light fixture is just slightly smaller than the brass tubing so the light fits and hangs well. If I decide to hang it this way I will put a drop of locktite into the brass tube to secure the aluminium tubing of the fixture so little fingers won't pull it out of the brass tube. Since both the brass tubing and the aliminum in the fixture bob are visible, I will need to paint one of the tubes they will match if I decide to use this method for hanging.

The brass tubing gives it stability and does not need glue since it fits so tightly in the hole I drilled. Behind the basement wall is hollow space so I cut the brass tubing a little long since it won' t be seen.

I bought some small grommets from the scrapbook section, but didn't try one since I tried the brass tubing first.

Thanks

Renea

Jo, what is poly fill? I've sent it mentioned, but I don't know what it is or how it works or where to buy it.

Its a powder that you mix with water to make a filler compound for plaster walls. I think its something like your spackle.

Here is what i have done so far. If I decide to use this method, I will paint the brass tube a silver color like the light fixture. There is hollow space behind the wall where the brass tube is inserted. The brass tube can be removed if the light ever goes bad and needs to be replaced.

Renea

post-2033-0-73542200-1340155521_thumb.jp

post-2033-0-55304800-1340155524_thumb.jp

post-2033-0-52807000-1340155527_thumb.jp