Scale of Chrysoban kits

Pat

I had bought a Chrysoban bath kit and although adorable, I found it was too small for 1" scale. Are they more of a 1/2" scale?

The Chrysnbon kits are perfect 1:12 scale; if you've ever spent time in a bathroom with Victorian fixtures you'll see that they tended to be smallish in real life. Here's the Chrysnbon set in my 1:12 scale pub's bathroom:

gallery_8_151_19722.jpg

They are definitely 1:12 scale. I think the porcelain and ceramic pieces we're used to seeing are larger than the Chrysnbon kit for the sake of the material they are made of. Only the plastic models can get finer detail from thinner plastic, whereas the porcelain ones require a certain thickness so they don't fall apart.

Also, dollhouse rooms tend to be larger in proportion to the overall house than a real house's bathroom...so they can seem lost in a large space. :)

Except the Coventry Cottage's second floor; I had to cut down the wc tank's feed pipe to fit and put the lavatory on the bedroom side of the wall to fit. On the other hand I used the Chrysnbon stove, churn & icebox in the pub's kitchen and the sink, rocking chair & stoll and parlor stove in the Frosts' kitchen.

I put this Chrysnbon bathroom together about 30 years ago, and I love it. It's now in a roombox but I didn't think the proportions were off. Some of the newer ones seem big, as someone mentioned. It's probably because of the procelain.

post-4286-0-27681400-1338831821_thumb.jp