Can Anyone Identify this House?

CheckMouse

After talking to the realtor some more we decided to just sell the house and not have to worry about it. The realty company would manage the property for us, but they take a percentage, and we are still responsible for anything that goes wrong. We don't need the headache. :bangin: All things considered, it's better to sell. Mother and I are just dragging our heels at cutting the ties in WA - but we will be back every year as snowbirds; I have to keep her in touch with her last two siblings (sisters). They are the last 3 of 8 kids.

So the Realtors' lockbox is on the door handle, and the signs are going up real soon. Praying now for a buyer that can pay full price, so we don't have to lower the price.

For a sure, quick sale, bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down in the yard. Doesn't matter what your religion is. My sis did it, and it worked! :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bring this up-to-date -- my mother and her sister and I just made a quick trip out to Nebraska to see the house in person. (I know how creative realtor pictures can get!) The unanimous verdict is that WE LOVE IT! We have signed papers and left earnest money for a contingency sale - contingent upon selling our house here in WA. Anybody wanting to move to the great northwest? Hated the 100-degree weather but the house has central a/c so I'll just plan on staying indoors all summer. Let's see ... what could I do inside? Oh, yeah, I could fill the basement with dollhouses! My little 7-year-old granddaughter, Savannah, has staked out the guest room in the basement as her room, and she and I discovered there is a little girls' playroom in the basement also. The realtor pictures didn't show that one! Here's Savannah heading up the carpeted curving staircase that is built into the turret ...

post-4286-0-99705000-1343005914_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

You may have updated elsewhere CJ, but did everything work out in the end? Are you surviving the winter so far? Gorgeous house :)

Hi Muriel, haven't heard from you for awhile. Unfortunately we are still in Limbo. House here hasn't sold, and the house in NE hasn't sold either. DH went on ahead of us and is living with our daughter, trying to establish residency to help us get a local loan to buy the second house and rent this one. Winter is beautiful here in WA :) My son-in-law says he thinks the furnace in the NE house might need an upgrade, so hopefully the current owners can deal with that this winter, before we buy the house!

Guest Happy Heart

post-4286-0-26456300-1338580819_thumb.jp

So I figure if I can have regular contact with my grandchildren, then maybe I can tolerate the location.

I have long believed it's not where you are that brings happiness, it's who you're with. (Having said that, you should consider the problems that are inherient with buying a older home.)

Hey, Muriel - we must have both tuned in here again just about the same time! Good to see another familiar face....:)

CJ, throughout my childhood my father lived in and worked on a "fixer-upper", think he must have started from the pipes/wiring and redid absolutely everything. He worked on it for ten years (my years 4-14) and the weekends I spent in that mess were some of the best memories of my childhood. Good luck getting and rehabbing your "This Old House"! BTW, where in WA are you? I'm in Roslyn, just east of Snoqualmie Pass - and OMG, the SNOW we've had the last two weeks!

Hi Mary - I'm in Allyn, over on the Kitsap Peninsula. I saw on the news about all the snow you've had - keeps the skiers happy!

As to the condition of OUR new house (that's faith speaking) it has been very well maintained through the years. Modernized in the 1980's, including a sunroom addition off the kitchen - a perfect place for the morning coffee! Roof was replaced last year after a bad storm. And inside it has wallpaper in almost every room. The lady of the house has decorated it beautifully - I wouldn't change a thing. It will be like moving into a full-sized Garfield!

I would be if I were 40 years younger; I'm not up to that much housecleaning! any more.

So funny you would mention that, Holly! My daughter went with us to explore the house and the first thing she said was, "Mom, I've got a housekeeper lined up for you already - I know you won't want to clean this big house by yourself" :) When I was a young bride I was so excited to clean every corner and sweep every floor of MY house with MY husband, doing it MY way! So young and dumb! :insane: The novelty of that wore off a long time ago!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what happened with the house? Are you moved in?

No, not yet :( We have to wait till this house sells before we get another one; it's still on the market, still not moving. I guess the good news is that the one NE isn't moving either. It's been on the market for over a year now, and we are the only ones who with serious interest. I just emailed the realtor again a couple days ago to let her know we're still here, and still interested. I really do NOT like living in this state of Limbo! I want to move and be done with it!

Holly, I remember your postings about your last move, and selfishly thought how glad I was that I was through moving! My mother's health is deteriorating rather quickly right now, so my stress level is slowly climbing to the top of the charts. I might have to quit working so I can care for her. Wish I was skilled enough to make money with minis! DH is already in NE and I don't expect him to return. We're planning on hiring movers so he might as well stay there and keep working.