Can someone help me find out some info on my first dollhouse?

Disneygurl

Hey everybody! I'm really excited to join the ranks as a fellow miniature and doll house collector! I've wanted to get into this for a really long time. I just couldn't find a kit that i liked. Yesterday I went to my local flea market, I walked down a few isles and BAM there it was right in front of me, a big beat up old dollhouse. I had to get it and restore it! The only problem is, seeing as I don't have the actual kit, I have no idea what it is or who made it. I'd like to see what it once looked like in pefect condition. Does anyone have any information of the model that i can use to do some research? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd also kind of like to know it's value just for fun since i paided next to nothing for it :)

543757_4098600503766_1245501822_33932420_505631266_n.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo, if I need to show a better one i'll post one later

GO YOU! That's an AWESOME flea market find!! :drool: I love flea markets...I recently found a jewelry box that is going to make a perfect 1:6 scale curio for my house, and I paid all of $1.99 for it. I was literally hopping up and down with excitement. Therefore, I must ask...how much did you pay for this beauty?

I don't know what house you have but it sure is a cute one! Garage sales and Flea Markets are great. I found my house at a garage sale and couldn't be happier. 10 years later after getting it out of the attic that is.

I have no idea what it is, but it is wonderful! I would have snapped it up, too! It has great potential. :)

Yah! That's what my boyfriend says, he's a wizard with making stuff out of wood too, so when i find out what it's missing he'll fix it right up for me :)

GO YOU! That's an AWESOME flea market find!! :drool: I love flea markets...I recently found a jewelry box that is going to make a perfect 1:6 scale curio for my house, and I paid all of $1.99 for it. I was literally hopping up and down with excitement. Therefore, I must ask...how much did you pay for this beauty?

I walked away with this and a bag filled with furniture and little odds and ends like miniature toys, plus a couple of nice mini chandeliers (one is all brass) all for a total of $30.00 ^__^

I don't know what house you have but it sure is a cute one! Garage sales and Flea Markets are great. I found my house at a garage sale and couldn't be happier. 10 years later after getting it out of the attic that is.

yah i'm a an antique thrift store hound...it's my favorite passtime haha! This one was supossedly in teh man's storage for along time too and he dropped it so his daughter told him to sell it. I'm just glad all teh pieces were mostly there :) I'll have to post pictures of some of teh furniture that came with it later

Ooh, pretty house and great deal! Gotta love that! I'm not sure what house it is, maybe someone will soon. It looks like the left side tower maybe would have a pointy roof?

And welcome to the forum! :)

yes! I found the rest of the pointy roof from the right side in teh extra parts bag i got :)

It reminds me of the Dura-Craft San Franciscan, mayb bashed? Can't tell which version, and it looks like the second floor wall was switched.

THANK YOU! I just looked up that model and it has to be a altered version of that kit! I've found some images of the inside and they match almost perfectly. It does look as if something has been replaced and moved around. Mine is also a lot wider than the San Franciscan, but it's because the side tower is misplaced. I only wish i knew what the original owner was thinking of doing with the little sky walk between the tower and the roof. I'll have to fix that for sure.

Thank you so much for the info! I'm so excited to know a little more about it now. I'm from California and I love San Francisco so this is a perfect dollhouse for me :)

My guess is the San Franciscan as well. Just looks like it's missing a floor! What a steal...I see lots of potential!

Yes! The more I compare mine to the San Franciscan the more i can see the resemblance. Now I just have to figure out where to start. It was very poorly assembled so i'm going to have to really put some muscle into repairing before I get down to the fun part of decorating

Not sure what it is but it was shown as a RGT's donated house to a special project in the June Miniature Collector mag, pp12. I was looking through my new mC and thought the house looked familiar. A quck look through GL brought up yours. The one in the mag has a addition on the right side. Someone must have bashed it.

It's very possible it's not a bashed San Franciscan, but a bashed Duracraft Victorian Mansion. The Duracraft Victorian Mansion was sort of a combination between the San Franciscan and the Farmhouse, the difference being that the tower was offset from the house, which is why you would think the tower on your house is misplaced compared to the San Franciscan. This one looks like they kept the right side of the Mansion and added a double bay window to what would have been the front of the dining room. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that the bay windows themselves were made from the bay of the original kit. There isn't a floor missing; the Mansion had a third story balcony and door above the front door. Someone changed that to the second floor and added the decorative roof above that and also the window in the gable, the octogonal window next to the second floor door, and a third window next to the front door. Because of the way Duracraft houses were put together by sliding the siding down and leaving gaps to make the door and window openings, it would have been very easy to alter both the size and the placement of the doors and windows.

I wouldn't worry about the skywalk - it has precedence in Victorian houses. If you ever see a picture of the Lawbre Victorian, it also has a small walkway from the roof to the tower.

Here is a picture a member here once posted of a Victorian Mansion:

vm800b.jpg