Garden size dollhouse? Where to find

pupa

Tiny Town? In Morrison, Colorado? 1/6 scale.

You can use cedar or redwood & water proof glue, like Titebond III.

Also plastic construction techniques. Perfic Panels.

Smith Pond Railroad models are 1/24 scale, but they could be built at 1/6 scale, if you're scratch building. They use an epoxy. See their tip pages for lots of details. Their models.

• Like 1

A polyacrylic marine varnish would help protect the finish on outdoor houses, but don't know how toxic it would be for critters who use the garden houses as sheltered spots to hide from preditors and raise litters.

There's a famous one in the Netherlands, or was, I guess it's still there. And I remember a woodland town built for cats, if you do a search for mini town it will pull up both of those as well as a boatload of lego buildings.

Not sure if this will help, but I have a few links in England.

www.theoldnewinn.co.uk/village.htm

www.bekonscot.co.uk

www.abingdonvillage.com.au/

www.lakelandminiaturevillage.com

I think most of these outdoor buildings are constructed with dense foamboard and resin castings for detailed work. Lakeland Mini Village appears to be stone construction.

• 2 weeks later...

Grr-r-r-r-r-r Technology is great when it works. sigh ...

This is my 3rd attempt to reply to this topic.

I realize you are looking for a location that has these set up already but I thought you might be interested in some items to set up your own little mini-town.

I purchased some pieces from a company called Gnomenculture. They make resin type houses and accessories. I was pleased with my purchases.

ChesterfieldZoo (GL member) has a gallery set up with her fairy garden from this Gnomenculture company.

She is a real sweetheart and helped me a lot.

She's one tough cookie, having gone thru some serious health issues but as sweet as ever.

Good luck with your endeavor.