Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

For nearly 40 years I have only worked on one house at a time. Now, I feel very strongly about throwing together a little 1/4" scale 'retreat' for a friend fighting cancer. I see it next to her bed, her favorite place right now. Who knows where she'll see it : )I haven't gone near 1/4" in years, had no clue of what's what and who's who, so I finally figured out how to start a topic and asked. I got great answers that were very helpful. Now my point is........it's more frustrating than ever because I know who I want to ask the question regarding where I'm stuck on my fling. If I ask all of you what blank blank should be and blanks, could you help out?

For nearly 40 years I have only worked on one house at a time. Now, I feel very strongly about throwing together a little 1/4" scale 'retreat' for a friend fighting cancer. I see it next to her bed, her favorite place right now. Who knows where she'll see it : )I haven't gone near 1/4" in years, had no clue of what's what and who's who, so I finally figured out how to start a topic and asked. I got great answers that were very helpful. Now my point is........it's more frustrating than ever because I know who I want to ask the question regarding where I'm stuck on my fling. If I ask all of you what blank blank should be and blanks, could you help out?

Morgan, Definitely work on that 1/4" scale gift. That is such a wonderful idea and will sure to be cherished. Will be praying for your ideas to come strong and you to be able to get it all done, as well as for your friend. :hug:

I have posted (here? elsewhere?) that I'm available to offer suggestions and help and I'm usually only a PM away. I've already had two flingers ask, and I can already see signs that the creative juices are surging.

Holly & Kynne......you guys are great. I don't have internet and can't pm from my phone on here because I can't figure out how to get pm controls out from under my keyboard. I have email. Can't figure out where that goes in the profile. Any thoughts? I know, I'm a ding a ling. I'm trying here :)

Morgan, if you hover your cursor over my username at the top left of this post you can send me a PM with your email that I can replay to and you can email me your queries.

Well, I am a little stuck.... trying to figure out some new things for this Spring Fling idea and it's not working out quite right. I think this is going to be a bigger project than my first thought. :jawdrop:

Holly, I don't have a cursor to hover. All I can do is click on your user name and bring up your profile. A computer genius I am not however & this could be operator error. I have also tried using the mobile version of this site and reaaaaaaally got myself lost! In my defense, I can operate a scroll saw and sewing machine much better. I am not ignoring kind offers, I WILL keep trying!

Morgan, if you can bring up a profile, you should see a button that reads, "send me a message." Also, up at the top of the page there is an envelope. If you click that, your PM list opens and you have the option of "compose new" on the upper right of the drop box that opens. Do you see either of these on the device your using?

post-4679-0-01675800-1336089631_thumb.jp

Okay, it appears that 'send me a message' and 'compose new' from the top of a main page in the envelope give me two totally different screens to type from and send. The compose new seemed to work. Possibly a good thing to remember. I may not have the only PM challenged phone. I sent you a message Holly, just letting you know in case you don't get it. And Kynne, if this works I'll send you one. I need all the help I can get on one dumb thing!

I'm stuck, but my dear sweet blankety blank sits here nearby. I can't make the poor thing wait in the box. It's as excited as I am hoping for a solution to it's blank dilemmas.

Mine is still in the box. What a bratty little kit. This time-out is lasting quite a while with no end in sight.

Well, I'm in "scared to continue" mode. I know exactly what I want to do and how to get there (I think) but am having stage fright. What if this and what if that happens blah blah blah...

Anyone else experience this? Is this just my inexperience getting in the way?

HAHA, maybe I'm just being lazy?

Going to try and carve out quiet time to do some serious work this weekend.

One of my art professors used to say that part of the art making process comes from happy accidents, so go ahead and try things. :yes: That's how I ended up with blueberry stained floors in my beach house from last year. :lol:

Ok everyone.........I finallu succeeded with the pm thing. I wrote Holly (kynne, you were next, but, read on) and must share the results. Anyway, I.ve googled literally thousands of images trying to solve my little dilemma. I wrote Holly a fairly brief description of my project and my question. She sent me back a photo with info how to emulate it. Hmmmmmmmmm..........I know I must have seen this photo, I have seen sooooooooo many. Nothing new. Or..................was it??? Suddenly, the light bulb did it's thing and the world became brilliant again. HOLLY YOU ARE MAGIC!

To anyone stuck I say this, you are ccccccccccccccraaaaaaaazy if you don't get Holly's help. She is the dhmw. That's dollhouse miracle worker!

THANK YOU HOLLY!

• Like 1

I'm right on the edge of starting my Fling and I'm sooooooooooooo excited! I submitted an order for all the things I need for it and it should be here about the middle of next week. That's perfect timing because my BFF will be here in about 7 hours for our Quilt Show and mega shopping weekend. It's something we do every year so my excitement level is thru the roof. It'll be an awesome weekend and then I'll have the Fling to jump into and keep the excitement going.

Oh, and while it's not part of the Fling, I do already have a greenhouse in dry fit as a conservatory. SO cool!!

Deb

• Like 2

It's here!!! it's here... I finally got it from the postoffice today.. (with a nasty surprise, because there was a charge of 25 euro's tax to pay on it that I wasn't counting on............).. Anyway, it's all complete, been looking at all the bits tonight and making drawings and colour schemes.. this might just work out fine............. and holly.. if you have moment to spare somewhere this week.... i'd like to ask you something if that's allright with u...............

rgds

louise