Official Spring Fling 2012 Update (merged topic)

10 more days til Spring = 10 days til Spring Fling !?!?!?!?!?

Springing ahead tonight will help get there one hour sooner !!!

......8 more days.Haven't heard a peep either..makes one nervous! Like last years SF this year's is a belated Birthday present..can't wait! It's my Favourite event of the year!!!!! :wave:

7 days to go, so looking forward to this. And this time I want to finish it in time :D although I haven't got a clue for a theme :bigwink: . Currently cleaning my craftroom so the project will have a place to be build and loved.

5 more days til Spring. :Jumpy:

Glad to see that Minis on the Edge has been in contact with Dean concerning the Spring Fling contest.

Gives us some hope to hand onto while we wait.

Isn't it funny:

- How we get all stressed out while we are waiting for the contest to be announced

- Then we panic while we are working that there isn't enough time

- And once it's over we get all stressed out over waiting for the results.

:pullhair:

Wow - We must seem like a very impatient group of miniaturists !!!

I know I am a very impatient person when it comes to "waiting". :frusty:

I get so easily stressed out having to wait for anything.

Of course, wouldn't you know, all the people in my life are methodical turtles and snails!

It's just got to be some kind of weird celestial joke on me -

the ADD energizer bunny with notebook, watch, and list in hand at all times.

I let being "on time" run the show most of my days.

Yikes - I gotta de-stress myself before I burn out.

Of course, wouldn't you know, all the people in my life are methodical turtles and snails!

:rofl: Oh, that's so me, too! Because I even walk fast, people always ask me, "Where's the fire?!!"

You're going to laugh at me but I read that as "methodist turtles and snails" and while I wondered what their religion had to do with it, the whole statement still made perfect sense.

Deb

• Like 1

:rofl: Oh, that's so me, too! Because I even walk fast, people always ask me, "Where's the fire?!!"

I'm thinking maybe we are drawn to the "snail" types? I like to think I can learn to chill out from watching how they work, but normally it just makes me insane (well..more insane).

I am kind of hoping that the kit is completely unattractive to me. I am up to eyeballs in work! If I try to but the Fling on top of it, I will surely crumble and drown!!!!

Plus, we be moving at that same time..... maybe just a half scale kit?

Maybe I could give up sleep for a few months?!?!

I am kind of hoping that the kit is completely unattractive to me. I am up to eyeballs in work! If I try to but the Fling on top of it, I will surely crumble and drown!!!!

I'm with you there Lyssa, last year's took so much out of me I'm hoping this year's kit doesn't inspire me too.

So.......how wonderful to know I'm not alone on the miniatures emotional roller coaster. Crazy. We have these real lives where real things are going on. Often BIG things. During last years contest my RL was such that experts have asked me, 'how did you get through it?' I was honest. I told them, 'I built a dollhouse'. I learned that while some people drink, do drugs and spend every spare dime on therapy, others build (a.k.a. play with) dollhouses and LOVE IT! This year I am HOPING I am inspired. I do NOT have the time, money or energy. Three good reasons to enter. I will establish a theme that keeps me focused on something positive in spite of the real life chaos surrounding me. I'm telling you, seriously, if you think building a dollhouse when you have every excuse not to is indulgent, you are wrong. Miniatures aren't just fun, they are healthy!

Ok, off my soapbox now, but seriously, find a reason to enter even if it's stressful. There's a good chance you won't regret it :)

Ahhh, the mini roller coaster is sooooo fun isn't it? Mini spring fling is truly a boost for mini-inspiration,,,,

Counting down

Hugs

Glad to hear someone else lives like me !!

You're going to laugh at me but I read that as "methodist turtles and snails" and while I wondered what their religion had to do with it, the whole statement still made perfect sense.

Deb

hahahahahaha Love this ... I have this terrible (although sometimes quite amusing) penchant for misunderstanding people. It can become quite embarrassing. I have learned to keep my mouth shut for a while and listen before I open mouth-insert foot. It happens to me with just about everything though - instructions, recipes, books or even road signs ... those I can drive by them wondering why on earth they say what they do. Then one day, actually reading it correctly and feeling like a complete idiot.

I'm thinking maybe we are drawn to the "snail" types? I like to think I can learn to chill out from watching how they work, but normally it just makes me insane (well..more insane).

I am old now and still haven't mastered learning that chill out skill. Even with all my arthritis pain and such, I can still run circles around everyone. I just can't stand to have nothing to do. My DH says I create chaos when there there is nothing happening just to have something to do. sigh ... what can I say? "Idle hands are the devils workshop" must have been indelibly imprinted on my brain !!!

So lets just FLING ON .... Can't wait to see what Dean has in store for us.

Selkie, I go a step further....Open mouth, insert foot, chomp down on it!

"Methodist turtles and snails." Deb, it makes perfect sense to me! LOL

I am just a sucker for any Spring Fling kit that comes along. They just keep getting better and better. Please don't tell Dean that last year's kit is still in the box under my bed....I fear that he won't let me have this year's kit unless I finish the one from last year first... It is in good company with a Harrison and a Magnolia....Mint in box....Don't breath a word!

"Methodist turtles and snails." Deb, it makes perfect sense to me! LOL

Reminds me of my college roommate, who named her three turtles Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy. :)

3 days til Spring ...

Oh Spring Fling shall we expect thou soon and with said timely entrance?

Oh Spring Fling, Spring Fling wherefore art thou dear Spring Fling?

I was sitting in on one of my son's classes on Friday. The teacher asked, "Does anyone know how many days there are until spring?" I threw up my hand and said "5!" before I could stop myself :wub: I think I might be a little too excited :lol:

A tower !!! that would be fantastic !! Now you guys have me excited to see what the spring fling will be. I am still patiently waiting for my loft from HBS, they sold awful fast, never a good sign, means there will be a thousand applicants lol. Me I have my idea, I have product for it, I have generous gifts from an estate sale and now I am ready for my 6 year old idea to finally get the dang outta my head !

Caveat, spring fling, it may be so amazing, and I have the time this year, that I HAVE to build something. Last year I bought the main building and saw the harry potter wand shoppe or my favourite idea.....something to do with sweeney hee hee I love me some gore lol.

Big hug and happy st Patty day my favourite holiday !!

Sweeney Todd a la Brandaen? THAT's enough to curdle the blood! The Johnny Depp version? I watched it once and had nightmares; I watched it a second time and still had nightmares!

What timing on Sweeney Todd. I NEVER watch this kind of thing. I definitely hear you Holly. But you see, I just couldn't resist. I mentioned to my friend, a psychologist, that I planned to participate in an upcoming dollhouse contest (SF 2012, of course) and she emailed me links to her Mother's (ok, this woman is at least 70) miniature work. She did a Sweeney Todd roombox with the barber chair (in my hairdresser days I was Queen of straight razor shaves, yow!), the meat grinder, the oven, she even designed and made her own gas look lighting. The barber chair reclines.......this thing is INCREDIBLE. All in 1/4" scale. So........I simply had to see the movie. Friday night my fearless hubby and I settled in with pizza and Johnny Depp. I laughed! Now, I am rather concerned that I am more twisted than I realized.

I laughed when I saw the version from Broadway televised, with Elsa Lanchester as everyone's favorite purveyor of meat pies... Somehow the later movie was so much darker and scarier! And where's your link to this roombox?

:lol: Have to laugh at the twists and turns the conversation takes. From "Methodist turtles and snails" (lmao!) to...Murder and mayhem! :evil::death:

A tower kit sounds about right to me...Sweeney Todd Meets Oral Roberts... :hide: (snicker..hehehe)