Oops, been posting, forgot to intro

I've loved minis I think since I was about 7 and my parents gave me my first dollhouse, a house they'd made from scratch in their bedroom after I'd go to bed at night. It has a kitchen, livingroom, stairs, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a large attic. It's not bad for them not having a plan or anything. Most of my minis were things my grandma made out of recycled things, it's cool to see that some people still do it that way. I would really love to update my dollhouse, bring it out of the 70s, ... someday, when I have the time and the room. I really enjoy making tiny things, so cute. And now I have a partner in crime :lol:, nikki on this board, and that's helping to keep my dollhouse passion alive. We get together and make dolls and tiny foods and this and that, great fun. My 4 year old is just dying for me to start putting the Buttercup together, I'm still waiting for the right time (and a little inspiration wouldn't hurt :D ). I've really enjoyed my time here so far.

Trudi

Hi Trudi!

Welcome to the community! :D My grandmother used to make furniture for me too. She made things for my Barbie dolls out of clothes pins. It's so much fun when you can recycle something or "save" a piece of furniture by revamping it.

Welcome to our neighborhood Trudi!! How sweet of your parents to build you a house in secret. It's great that you still have yours. I wish I still had mine that my mom built for me (Well partially built. I think it was a Dura Craft kit) She did not add the windows or stairs or any trim. She got so frustrated with it (I was constantly asking when could I play with it LOL I would watch her build on it at night in the dinning room). Finally she gave up and gave it to me. I did not care about the stairs not being in there. Guess that is why it don't matter to me now if I don't have any stairs. I wallpapered with contact paper. My younger brother and I had a ball with it and my "little people" from fisher price. I still have some of them.