No Longer A Lurker

Robin

Hi all! I decided it was time to say hello. I've been all over this site for a month or so and I love it! A little about me...36(37 on 9/11) married mom of four, a 16 y.o. daughter and 3 sons aged 14, 11, and 6. I live in Fullerton, CA and am not currently working but that will change soon, hopefully!

I was exposed to miniatures throughout my entire childhood. My grandpa built on a HUGE room of their house for my grandma. In it, she had this one wall built in with about 50 roomboxes. They were amazing! I remember so much detail about so many of the rooms. Some were off limits to us, but the ones we could touch were so cool. The best part about all those rooms was that she made about 85% of all the things in them from household items and what most people would consider trash (matchsticks, bottlecaps, lids, broken plastic pieces, jewelry, etc.). When my grandma passed, they were all donated to a showroom type place in Washington. For all you eyecandy addicts - no, I don't have any pictures of it! LOL Too bad you all can't get in to my head! (Well, maybe it's best that you can't! LOL)

Just a little more, and then I'll stop rambling. I haven't built anything yet. I just can't decide which one to start with! I'm a little intimidated by all the choices. I'm not afraid to start one though - all your tips and advice and encouragement is all I need. The lighting scares me a little bit. My ultimate dream home is the Danville by RGT. I WILL own that someday!

I'm excited to be a part of this great place!

WELCOME!

how wonderful for you to have had such wonderus things to look at and remember!

and wasnt your grandfather a sweetie to build a room just for granny's goodies!

I think that is so kewl!

Im glad you quit lurking and decided to join in our fun!

nutti :blink:

Hi Robin,

How neat that your grandparents were into minis! Growing up my best friends grandfather made a dollhouse so saw some of the little household stuff get made into really neat miniatures. I was always surprised to see something new in the house and then find out that they made it out of what most could have considered "trash" - what great recycling! :D I know what ever house you choose for your first, you'll enjoy :(

Welcome to the neighborhood

- David :blink:

Welcome Robin, glad that you stopped lurking and joined in. This site is a wonderful educational place with great hobbyists who are so generous with their knowledge. If you have a challenge, there is someone here that can offer advice to help you out.

I've only been into this hobby for two years but envy those that can look at an everyday item and see a potential mini AND then make something out of it. I am slowly learning how to do that, with the help of some miniaturists I talk with.

Welcome Robin! Glad you joined us!

Hope you'll choose a house soon and get to building! :blink: Be sure to take pictures along the way to share with us 'eye candy' junkies!!

Good luck!!