Long Term effects for Printed Minis

drjones

I have been cruising the internet for sites with printable mini items and have found a few sites. Now I am wondering about the life of the items I print? I have an ink jet at home but I could go to Staples or Office Max for larger printing or laser printing.

Has anyone had any problems with things like fading or any other issues? I don't want to save money upfront on something like wallpaper only to have to re-do it down the road.

Mike,

Thanks for the link. I have read a few articles similar to that one. However I always wonder about people's 'real-life' experiences versus laboratory settings.

Cheers,

Dawn

I plan to do a lot of my own printing (like cereal boxes etc) and in several places they've given the advice to spray them. So I've bought some Krylon Preserve It Spray. Kind of pricey but can be found at most craft stores where you can use their 40/50% coupons.

This E&T article has some info that might be helpful, if not confusing? CLICK

LOL...you weren't kidding about confusing. He is all over the board on that article. What I did gather was: if you have sconce lighting, or any lighting near your wall or ceiling, do not print your own paper as it will fade rather quickly.

I have played with printing some of my own things. Mostly I use presentation paper, which is a little heavier and is a matte finish. I am not worried about durability, but I am concerned about fading. I have a finishing spray that I used on parts of my HBS contest entry and so far I like the results. I guess time will tell...