RL flooring too slickery for glue??

LindaC

Think of RL flooring on my porch and steps. I've roughed up the steps with sandpaper plus used my utility knife to roughly score and top 2 steps keep coming loose from lower step. I've used only wood glue at this point. Thought I would check here before trying something else. I do have the E3000 glue Holly uses. hmm ???

gallery_6170_4695_266262.jpg

The GL vinyl tiles and "wood" flooring are RL vinyl cut down to 1:12 scale and I used good ol' Elmer's white all-purpose glue rather than trust the self adhesive goo on the back side of the tile I still pulled off the paper, though) For RL wood flooring I would check the instructions that come with it to see what's recommended. For floors when in doubt I try rubber cement first, a coat on the subfloor and another on the back of the plooring strip.

this is wood flooring given to me by the local furniture/flooring store. so now I have to buy rubber cement for a 3 x 6ish piece of wood. gads. OR go to a neighbor and ask 'may I borrow/bum half a teaspoon of rubber cement'??? too funny.

thanks Holly.

• 4 weeks later...

So sorry for delay in replying. health issues get me down.

this is real flooring (wood) pieces cut to make front steps. I will try the e glue and if that doesn't work will get some super glue. Not tonight though the smell is horrid and I am not up to that yet. Should have gotten a mask at drug store but didn't.

thanks to all,

LindaC