All too common a subject

Kari Lynn

Yup, I went ahead and did it. But I know many others here have done it too...I bought another dh. I don't need it, I have no room for it, and I have so many others I should be working on. I just couldn't resist though. I saw it on Craigslist in the beginning of December and it was still there yesterday at a lowered price so I decided it was calling out to me since I was checking Craigslist everday to see if it was still there. It's a RGT Princess Anne. There were pros and cons to this house; the shell was constructed already which I am happy about, the outside is painted but that makes no difference to me because that is easy to change, the inside is a blank slate which is a huge pro to me. The biggest problem I see with it so far is the shingles have been applied. I have not seen it in person yet(picking it up today)only in pics so I don't know how well they were done.

I keep telling myself, "This is the last one I'm getting until I have finished the ones I have," but I seem to be having a really difficult time sticking to this...But I mean it this time...THIS IS THE LAST DH I'M GETTING UNTIL I HAVE FINISHED THE ONES I HAVE!!! Honest, really :whistle:

Yeah....just keep repeating that to yourself....until the next one comes up. :giggle: I did the same thing in Late November, thinking I could fix it up in time for a Christmas sale....yeah. right. LOL I just can't help it! I want to rescue every forlorn house I see on Craigslist!!

I recently did a Princess Anne for a client. It's a great house-and having the inside untouched is a great time-saver. Hopefully the shingle work isn't too bad and you can do something with it! Good luck with her!

Depending on what they were installed with; hot glue you can reheat with a hair dryer or heat gun and scrape them off with a metal putty knife. For other kinds of glue I've had good luck with the putty knife, a hammer and a light touch.

Depending on what they were installed with; hot glue you can reheat with a hair dryer or heat gun and scrape them off with a metal putty knife. For other kinds of glue I've had good luck with the putty knife, a hammer and a light touch.

Thanks, Holly!

Hopefully they don't use the industrial strength glue of my last rehab! LOL Holy Moly- DH had to break out his special work cutting tool to saw those babies off the roof and to pry the broken tile sheet off the kitchen floor! :doh::glare: Sheesh!

Hopefully they don't use the industrial strength glue of my last rehab! LOL Holy Moly- DH had to break out his special work cutting tool to saw those babies off the roof and to pry the broken tile sheet off the kitchen floor! :doh::glare: Sheesh!

WOW, I hope I don't have to do that!! That does not sound fun at all :no: They actually look like they might come off quite easily but she did a good job putting the on so I might keep them.

The only problem now, is I can tell the house was kept in a basement because it has that really musty, mildewy smell, and I am so sensitive to mildew that when I am near the house for a few minutes my throat gets itchy and my nose starts to run. I can't believe I am allergic to my new dh :wacko:

I'm nearly purchased a Duracraft Manchester off Cragislist yesterday just because it was such a good deal and I haven't even started building my first ever DH yet. This is a mental illness!!!:ohyeah:

Edited by Never2manyShoes

So nice to see i am not the only one buying more than I can build in a year's time (working 24/7, lol). I have been able to stash away kits easily, but how to explain them to DH once I start building and where to put them, well that IS a challenge!

WOW, I hope I don't have to do that!! That does not sound fun at all :no: They actually look like they might come off quite easily but she did a good job putting the on so I might keep them.

The only problem now, is I can tell the house was kept in a basement because it has that really musty, mildewy smell, and I am so sensitive to mildew that when I am near the house for a few minutes my throat gets itchy and my nose starts to run. I can't believe I am allergic to my new dh :wacko:

You can always paint over your shingles if you don't like the color

Before you do anything else you might want to make a solution of water and household chlorine bleach and scrub the dickens out of the house, inside and out, to remove the mildew odor and kill the spores; set it outside in the sun or in a window that gets full sunlight most of the day until it dries.