still figuring this out

poppill

Thanks guys for you warm welcome and ideas.

As i am new to this I'm still trying to figure out how this site works as I'm not really computer literate.Guess I'll have to get one of the grand kids to show how things work.

Holly i am interested in how you did the brick work on your tutor pub. What grade of sandpaper did you use and how did you colour it to get the various shades of bricks.

Just to let you know my wife got me into minitures and not only dollhouses as she produces antique porclein dolls. I have also built to scale street barrows which include a fruit and vegie barrow, tinker barrow, cake barrowand a organ grinder barrow that plays music when you turn the handle. I will ost some photos once I get a chance.

Apart from this I have made a bear and doll shop as a room box and a music room out of a small box from the $2 store. Again I will post some photos

These are all to 1/12th scale and hand made out of 3mm and 6mm MDF. All the wheels were cut on a scroll saw.

Thanks for the info on how to look for people in the land of OZ (australia) and I see what you mean by there are not many who have continued on with forum from Australia but I am keen on any information and tricks that you have comes across as building dollhouses does change with each project.

poppill

Peter contributes from his part of Oz, in spurts, and Linda used to check in regularly. We used to have a lot of active members before all the social networks; now they're off tweeting and facing and whatever.

In the Glencroft Building Team Blog I describe exactly how I made my bricks (including the sandpaper grit #) in three entries: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=9&showentry=248 , http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=9&showentry=250 and http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=9&showentry=251.

I'm computer illiterate as well as digitally dumb; I've been here since the old, original Greenleaf Forum, and I still have issues (like the members' countries of origin). When you have made five posts you can start making albums of pictures of your different mini builds. I'm partial to building with basswood or plywood, NOT MDF, and Aaron made the most wonderful popcorn wagon!