Garfield

Narnia077

Oh, I have no doubt that she's correct! I have no problem with that -- I have so much STUFF that I bought -- just because it looked cute, or I loved the colors, or whatever! I just do not have another inch to put stuff into! My new year's resolution is to find a use for the things I've bought on impulse! Today's project is setting up my new Dremel workstation and the flexible attachment (there's another purchase, and we won't talk about the dh store I went to on Friday here in Delray [but everything was 50% off, so how could I possibly resist]!). Of course, I need to move stuff around so that I have room for that workstation, and not just space, but space that I can access easily! I need a new real house for my dh stuff ;-(!

There isn't nearly as much room to move around as it looks like in this picture: http://ronsminiatures.com/images/shop_1.jpg but that's OK, because there's so much to seee no matter where you're standing. My spots are all along the walls on the right, where all the kits and components, trims, etc, are.

Nancy's doesn't carry much in the way of kits or supplies, at least when I was last there; she carries a lot of finished items, sort of reminds me of Joan's Miniature Memories in Charleston, SC, without Alice Zinn's circus.

• 2 weeks later...

Holly, do you recall the name of the store in Stuart? That's within driving distance and certainly a lot closer than Orlando for me! No, Marie, I'm NOT going to England for dollhouse supplies!

Ha, don't know why I thought Holly had mentioned Stuart. Thanks, Marie! Holly, according to Marie, there's a Majestic Miniatures in Stuart, and they're at the B & A Flea Market on the weekends. Their phone number, if anyone wants it, is (772) 219-1343.

Yeah, I see it now! I'm jumping back and forth between a couple of forums here, and it just fell into place!!! Well, Stuart is what? About 15 minutes north of Hobe Sound? You can hit Orlando on your way down!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I just got back from New York and while I was there I went to see the Dollhouse shop inside FAO Schwarz what a disappointment! I know everything would be over priced but they didn't really have very much and the guy behind the counter was a snob and treated me like I was bothering him by being there. Sad really cause I was loaded at the time with many credit cards :-(

• 1 month later...

Oh, Marie -- that's for sure. Ron and d*** (that's how he introduced himself to me) were as nice and accommodating as can be. In fact, at one point, I apologized to d*** for asking so many questions and making him work so hard! He broke up sets for me and put together what I wanted. When I exclaimed over a price ($109 for a tiny artist's table), he said "oh, let's just make it $50 -- but don't tell Ron"! (Probably hadn't moved that piece in years, but, hey, I wanted it at a more reasonable price, and got it, too!) Next time I go there, you'll have to come with me -- I know how you shop and we'll make their day!

I do not know who edited my post above, but I find it offensive -- Ron and d*** (Richard is how Holly referred to him) are real people, as some of us lucky enough to have met them know quite well.

Just added a few new photos in my gallery (to introduce some of my secret friends), and ordered whole slew of stuff (that's the only reason I do real work it seems!), including a new sign for my Garfield...

sign.jpg

!

Mandystar, I don't know how editing is done here at GL but I do know that many filtering programs boot out references that can be construed as sexual in any nature.

That particular name is one that is on lists for filtering.

I know this because I have set up parental controls on my computers to protect the grands that I am raising.

It is not meant to be mean to anyone named that, just within the junk mail and icky websites, it is a word that triggers the programs to protect the site from being X-rated.

I'm sure GL has some built in protection so it can be classified as family friendly.

Again, not about someone's name but the perverseness that is unfortunately so prevalent in our society.

I always refer to Ron's partner as Richard because that's how he was called in the first forum I learned about Ron's (Small Stuff Digest). When I've been in the store we never discussed whether to call him "D i c k", just whether I needed a smaller or larger basket to collect things for purchase! (See how I get around the built-in censor? That started when I was trying to find something from one of my favorite art supply places, D i c k Blick; now I just hunt for a Utrecht's, instead).

As Tracy mentioned, it's an automatic filter. There are some manual ways around it and I fixed the names in the posts above (PM me if you want me to explain how, for future reference). Otherwise Holly's method works too.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I thoroughly understand what sensors are and what they do. However, the more intelligent ones will a) take into consideration the rest of the message topic and/or B) the sender, who I would assume had been vetted by now. I'm glad to see that it is fixed and, yes, I will speak to Emily to see how she's done it -- for future reference. I just found it to be extremely disheartening when I saw it here.

Unlike you, Holly, when I first came into the store, I met D i c k, who introduced himself to me as such, and then Richard. After Richard got busy (and after I'd spoken to him at length about a website), D i c k was the one who followed me around, pulling out the pieces I was looking for!